Digitakt 1.04 : Bug reports

It seems I only get this freeze when I double tap stop. It doesn’t freeze when I single tap.

it’s due to midi cc 120 being sent and received in an endless loop:

6 Likes

Aha. Thanks. Nice to know the reason as to why this happens. I noticed that I can get out of this loop by flipping the «Input From» to disabled and back to midi (Port Config). No need to reboot.

4 Likes

anyone else having problems with automation changing the notes?
started a new project… installed the firmware again… still the same

2 Likes

Thank you, will send to support.

I don’t have midi loop, however I have quite a bit of midi information entering the Digitakt.
I had two other freezes:

• One right after clicking real-time record.
  • One while playing a midi track with an external keyboard
1 Like

woke up this morning to a bricked device after it was working with this update the night prior.

That’s rotten luck. It’s not obviously a bug though (this topic), and you’ve cross-posted this point in another thread, so I suggest replies to your issue go there.

If you have a voltmeter or another device which uses a similar PSU to the DT one you could test the psu on that device. In any case, it sounds like an issue to take up with support asap

It now has turned itself back on out of the blue. So I guess it is a bug where it hangs or locks at startup intermittently.

edit: I have an open support ticket.

2 Likes

i read about a 30 second wait before turning it back on (has to empty charge or something).

3 Likes

The sequencer sometimes stops playing back after I’ve recorded MIDI input from an external keyboard. ie, I’ve been recording MIDI into the sequencer with a keyboard, cool, but after a while it stops playing back any sequences at all, even those recorded with the DT itself. Changing project fixes it for a while, but then it happens again.

1 Like

Knobs in MIDI channels take multiple pushes to enable channel & program functions. Have experienced this numerous times in different MIDI tracks.

6 Likes

Yeah mine has done that from the beginning. Thought I was the only one. Are we the only two? :slight_smile:

me too. Was wondering if it might be a HW issue with new encoders? seems to have improved slightly.

Sounds repeatable.
File support tickets!

1 Like

Same encoder behavior here

I had the same problem (multiple tries required to get midi channel and prog changes activated) in 1.03 and it remains in 1.04. I first thought I do something wrong and did not worry since it always eventually works and is only required occasionally. This has also been discussed previously, but no harm mentioning it again until someone has an explanation/solution :slight_smile: The 1.04 update made a huge difference to my DT experience… hardly trouble now ( o chrashes so far) and I am starting to enjoy the machine now.

1 Like

I think it has to do with the encoders being sensitive. When you press it you might also turn it slightly. In which case the press doesn’t get registered. This is my guess… Should be an easy fix for Elektron.

Correct. If the encorder is turned even so slightly when you push it, it wont register the push. Its a known problem and is on the fix list

11 Likes

This is correct.

Reported it to support and Simon replied with the same info, if the Encoder are registering a minimal turn when using the “push” function the [X] boxes will not register the push, due to overly sensitive encoder resolution.

Since i got this info i really try to push the knobs as centered as possible, which has improved my success rate by 95% i would say :wink:

Still, should get improved since it feels dodgy when beeing unaware of the issue.

4 Likes

Got an issue with program change that wasn’t happening on 1.03. If I have it enabled on my Virus C then it doesn’t play the first note of the pattern on it’s track properly. It’s like it reloads the patch on the first note hit instead of playing, if I solo the channel (via mixer) then there is an audible ‘pop’ on that step. Plays fine afterwards and loops round fine.

I tried taking out the MIDI in, coming from thru on the Virus and still does it, I’ve disabled ‘receive PC’ and it keeps on.