DIGISOAP - a collection of FM single cycle waveforms for the DT

Preview and download here

A bunch of single cycle waveforms I put together. If you don’t know what these are: import them to your Digitakt, load to track, set to loop and you will now essentially have a monophonic synth track. These waveforms will almost turn your Digitakt into a Digitone. :wink:

A little preview track is available when you click the link. I’m not asking for money/followers/likes, I just created these for people that would like to get more out of their DT. If you enjoy them, let me know. There might be more where they came from.

31 Likes

Looking forward to getting home and trying these out! Thanks!!

1 Like

You are awesome! Thank you!

1 Like

Some good samplefood you’ve got there !
:smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for checking it out. And for the coffee too. :wink:

1 Like

Another post, I’ve bookmarked with the intention of getting back to it. Which I just have… looking forward to digging into these. Thanks for pulling them together. Such a great way to get a whole host of new sounds with a very small +Drive footprint.

Cheers!!

2 Likes

Ha, thanks, I didn’t even think of this aspect, since I don’t keep a lot of long samples on the DT. :wink:

I have a few more packs coming up, so stay tuned.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot !

1 Like

think it will go in my MDuw :space_invader:
thank dear

1 Like

Thanks dude!

1 Like

You still can’t preview these as loops in the DT right? realised I hadn’t checked for ages…

Thanks for all the thanks. :slight_smile:

Not really sure what you mean. Previewing before loading them into a project?

sorry, I also meant “thanks” :wink:

but yes that is what I meant, AFAIK when you try and preview a single waveform on the DT it just plays it once so you have to load it before you can work out what it sounds like… wasn’t sure if that had changed…

1 Like

That wasn’t meant to be passive-aggressive, I was actually thanking all the people above you. No worries. :wink:

Anyway, I think the behaviour is still the same. So you’d have to load them all to the project unfortunately.

1 Like

I suspected as much, I have all of the Adventure Kid ones as well (https://www.adventurekid.se/akrt/waveforms/) but I don’t use them as much as I could cos they’re hard to preview… difficult one to work around though I guess, and probably not top of their list

Thanks!

1 Like

You could create a longer loop from each individual loop (can be automated in e.g. Audacity, I think) and import these samples with names based on the original ones. But I guess that kind of defeats the purpose of saving some space on the +Drive. :wink:

When I’m doing stuff with single cycles I load one in, loop it, tweak all the other parameters to create the sound. And then just experiment with replacing the single cycle sample. Not quite as quick as previewing but on the other hand i find I’m less likely to do all the programming around the sample and then decide the original sample doesn’t fit and other samples don’t work with the programming.

If all that makes sense…

4 Likes

Yes! I do the same. It’s really fun to p-lock the sample then…

1 Like

Absolutely! That’s a great way of getting timbral variation in there especially with probability and LFO’s on sample select.

3 Likes