Difficulty turning trigs off?

Occasionally I’m having difficulty removing steps on the sequencer. Say I enter a load of trigs in grid mode but I want to remove a couple… they just don’t want to be removed sometimes. If you press it like 5 or 6 times in a row it usually eventually deletes the trig but it’s definitely not behaving as I expect it to.

Is this some sort of user error or a known bug?

I think it’s generally a problem on steps that also have plocks on them but I’m not 100% sure on that.

I’ve had this happen a few times too. It’s a bit counterintuitive, but I found that lightly tapping the trig, rather than pressing it hard, seems to work best when removing trigs.

Ah so it’s not just me then. I’m wondering if there’s something I’m doing wrong. I don’t have this same issue with my Digitone.

I also don’t think it’s a hardware issue as there is never a problem adding a trig. Only removing them. So it doesn’t seem to be a physical problem with the buttons but rather buggy behaviour.

Its not buggy, but implemented this way by design. This should clarify your problems (from the manual):

Press the [TRIG] key of any of the previously entered trigs if you wish to remove the trig. Press the [TRIG] key of a lock trig to convert it to a note trig. Press a [TRIG] key of a trig and hold it slightly longer to prepare the trig for editing, rather than removing it.

I’ll guess you simply don’t press/tap the trig key fast enough, so it goes into edit mode (and lock trigs require two quick taps).

2 Likes

Interesting. Thanks a lot for that info, I’m going to have a play tonight and see if it is that. It doesn’t feel like I’m doing any sort of long press but maybe it needs to be super fast.