Different take on EZBOT's remixer/looper

After watching @mpiecora 's wonderful tutorials, I thought I’d give it a shot and try to minimize the remix-template to 1 track. Hope this helps somebody.

12 Likes

I never miss your videos.
One idea I thought you could develop is to use the OT like SP404 users. Internal resampling, edit, save, then do it again. At the end of the video you are using statics only, going beyond 8 tracks. Like old school multitrack tape bouncing. It would be fun to see only 8 static machines, with samples hard panned left/right + some mono together. Going beyond 8 tracks, in a creative ‘destructive’ way.
Looks like the OT hurt your thumb. Sorry to see this :robot:

2 Likes

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback :wink: I don’t quite understand what you mean though, as I am using 6 static, 1 flex and a master track…sorry to be pedantic, I am German after all. But you are 100% correct about working destructive, as people do on the 404. It’s not only possible, but also a great way to make decision and stick with them, as well as allowing you to use more effects! Resampling is wonderful and the way it works on the OT is rather quick and easy in my opinion.
PS: yeah the OT is dangerous, don’t do this at home warning should be shown

2 Likes

Since you have the A4 you could explore and play with the analog filter, sending your OT to it, and resampling it back. Sample a bunch of happy accidents. Edit and save the best bits. No flex. This is what I meant. Maybe it’s a useless exercise, but would be fun to watch.

1 Like

I understand! Not useless at all. In fact that’s exactly what I am doing now. Sending samples through the filters and overdrive is great. Probably will make a video of it in future.

2 Likes

Make sure to resample a bunch of tracks together, so there is no coming back. Just like the old days of the 4 track commitment.

3 Likes

Have been using (and learning a lot from EZBOT) the resampling technique both internal and external (have a DT, DB-01 and DFAM connected to the OT) with great success.
I just find it very intuitive and it opens a lot of possibilities to actually evolve from a start point to something completely new as stated by @Ulysses :arrow_down:

2 Likes

You shouldn’t wave your hands back and forth and around so much in front of the camera, it’s super distracting.

noted :wink:

For me it’s fine, they are the only actors in the video. One of your finger even looks like Rambo now.

1 Like

To be fair, 90% of youtube music-box videos have the same problem. It’s not just you!

Great vid btw. I’d forgotten how handy the rec buttons are when quantized.

2 Likes

Thanks! yup…everybody wiggling

Octatrack love <3

1 Like

LOVING the fake EZBOT intro
:sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’d recommend internal (SRC3) CUE recording instead of using CUE physical outputs and INAB : DA/AD quality loss, latency…

5 Likes

True, these days I would use CUE rec as well!

2 Likes

I came across this feature as a surprise not so long ago while choosing my source for resampling in the REC page :slight_smile:
Ability to CUE track X,Y and Z on the fly to resample has been a bonus for me :slight_smile:

2 Likes