Did Elektronauts become "british" these days?! :-D

What I was getting at is the snap election is cut throat and kind of ignores what democracy should be about. What’s democratic about holding an election you know you will win and almost certainly by a landslide, destroying the remnants of what little opposition remains?!

Anyway, you’re right, this isn’t the place and it’s all to easy to get heated. I just pray things work out for Scotland in the long run and can’t wait for the current election chat to be over so I don’t have the local Tory darkening my door any more - he’s posted the same propaganda about half a dozen times in the last fortnight!!!

1 Like

Yeah the flaounas don’t last long my end either! My cousins are up at 4am to make those beauties!
I shall note your recipe!

1 Like

It has nothing to do with whether or not it is a democratic move. I agree the by-product is political gain but ultimately, there was no alternative way to silence those still arguing about Brexit and potentially impairing the exit process - the country voted in June, this is what democracy is. The only undemocratic part of this mess is those who are still complaining and trying to overrule the Brexit decision.

In any case, I hear your concerns and hate propaganda myself… unfortunately this is politics… oh well…

“Think before you think.”

• Stafford Beer
5 Likes

“Somebody’s had too much to think” - Captain Beefheart.

5 Likes

Just a small, perhaps pedantic, point that is unrelated to the rest of what you expressed: the House of Commons voted 522-13 in favour of an early general election.

I sympathize with everything else that you said.

4 Likes

Ha yes, a fair point. Certainly the SNP will have excited by the announcement (and rightly so!). What I find odd is Labours decision to back it - perhaps part of a larger back stabbing exercise to get rid?!

Labour didn’t have any choice after all that noise they’ve been making about being ready for an election, and how May isn’t democratically elected. Besides, how bad would it look if the primary opposition party rejected a chance at getting back into power? That’s part of the genius of calling the election early, it’s win win for the Tories.

I think the reason that everyone is backing it is because recent history has told us that anything can happen in politics these days and that opinion polls count for nowt.

Is this a calculated move based on a perceived lead in the polls? Yes. Can it go tits up? Yes.

An interesting conspiracy theory is that Theresa May (historically a vocal and staunch Remainer) wins a get out of jail free card if she somehow doesn’t strengthen her majority or weakens it further - the people have spoken and they don’t want me to push ahead with this etc. However unlikely it seems (remember Trump? Remember Labour losing its decades old majority in Scotland?) Article 50 can be reversed.
#pubchat

I had to google what the 360 can was - inspired!

How bout a 395?

It’s funny that beers keep coming up on this thread, started by a German, and I’ve been told my last name is very close to a German word for Keg. I’ve been all over the thread posting philosophical quotes, and then Peter replies with a quote from Stafford Beer, which I assumed was a beer slogan until I found it was a philosopher… :content:

1 Like

Don’t worry folks, we can get through this (whatever it is)

http://i1.wp.com/www.bythehorns.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Stiff-ShopImage.jpg

http://i0.wp.com/www.bythehorns.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Wolfie-ShopImage.jpg

mmm… satirical beer…

3 Likes

Hey! I’m on here too much as well! I haven’t thought about cutting back, I’ve just accepted it as who I am…

2 Likes

5 Likes

Nobody fucks with the Jesus

1 Like

3 Likes

Wise, young grasshopper…

1 Like
2 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes