DFAM mind melting thread

That’s fair. I rarely mess around with the pitch/velocity knobs anyways. Just something to spice things up I guess. Thanks for that feedback

just some horrible techno noise

17 Likes

Like a police chase in the future or something

2 Likes

I like everything about that.

Banging

1 Like

Thank you. Im a bit ambivalent about it. Shrugs.

1 Like

Ain’t that always the way.

Yep! I thought I would try not using reverb for a change… meh I dunno! Ah well. Of others dig it thats cool beans. Thanks for listening!

1 Like

love it cheers!

1 Like

Wild ! Like it ! Remember me 90’s rave parties :crazy_face:

1 Like

This wild music makes me calm…:upside_down_face: What are DFAM´s “duties” here?

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:
DFAM is the basically the whole thing. There’s a sample on my OT being severley messed with via cross fader and pattern changes. Thats about it. Not much to it really!

1 Like

Gnar gnar

9 Likes

No-Save is very refreshing IMO. It’s pure jamming but for some reason it somehow almost always turns out to be great sounding. Maybe that’s just the excitment of the moment, but everytime I just hit record and forget it’s recording magic happens with that little fella. And most session still sound great even after the initial thrill has long passed.
For someone growing up with DAWs this is somewhat uncomfortable, but also refreshing and fun.
You spend less time trying to eek out the last drips of perfection (which you will never get to, let’s be honest) and just enjoy what you’re doing.

5 Likes

Excellent !

1 Like

Whats your favourite fx (pedal / vst / octatrack fx) to go with DFAM?

1. Quadraverb (hugely versatile with pitch FX and eq on top of delay and reverb, also super crunchy sound wise).
  2. TC Triple delay (three delays in series or parallel make for some crazy rhythmic variation).
1 Like

Although it would be a biased opinion since I only have one delay and one reverb pedal, the Polara Reverb and Carbon Copy Delay are tone/rhythm enhancers for sure.

On the OT, some filter/comb filter. Nothing else really helps much after the Delay/Reverb FX chain other than filters it seems (to me).

However @jayhosking used an Overdrive pedal in his latest video and it really brought the DFAM to life. Like raw, gut crunching power.

Video can be found here: Share your tunes

Somewhere around 4 mins the Multidrive kicks in!

At the end of the day it seems that any form of delay/reverb/filter/overdrive will do!

Thanks, selfup. I was using the Empress Multidrive, which has three drives each with selectable filters, so you can crush the sound in a variety of ways while still retaining crisp highs and lows (through one of the channels). Really great pedal for these sorts of things.

I didn’t know this thread existed! Looking forward to going through it.

3 Likes

Currently I have given up trying to mellow it out and added more girth and grit with a EH lpb2 tube pre amp at the end of the chain, before that - in the modular realm I have spilts of osc1 and osc2 sent of to a Roland torcido and Roland bitraizer with the vcas being triggered by arturia BSP so the effected signal only comes through on certain steps. All feed into a Roland demora delay with only a small amount of reverb from my Yamaha desk.

1 Like

Love the stuff you’ve shared on here!

Do you have more info on this Ether you mentioned? I’ve done a search and a few different pedals come up:

• Maxon FE-10 Fuzz Elements - Ether Fuzz Pedal
  • Iron Ether - various pedals