Detroit Movement 2022

Curious if anyone is going to Detroit Movement. It’s been years since I’ve been but I live here now so I’m thinking of going on the 28th. My wife really like maya Jane coles and I’ll enjoy flylo, plasticman, some classic Detroit acts like godfather, partiboi69 etc

2 Likes

Wow - that’s quite a lineup. Shame Detroit’s nowhere near Melbourne…

3 Likes

I’ll be there this year.

1 Like

Nice lineup, looks cool. I haven’t been in about 20 years or so. Back in the years I attended it was still called the Detroit Electronic Music Festival, DEMF.

3 Likes

I’m severely disappointed my depression/anxiety fog stopped me from buying tix, booking a room and requesting the time off to go this year. The after parties and the main festival just have great line ups this year.

I’ll have to make up for it and watch for a decent party later in the summer as I only live about 3 hours drive away in Ohio.

edit: if anyone is going and doesn’t want to miss out on some great local talent don’t miss DJ Godfather and DJ Minx

1 Like

2 Chainz! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I last went when it was demf too haha.

2 Likes

2 chainz is such a random headliner! skrillex was booked too but had to cancel, maybe it’s for the best. I have no idea if he still does dubstep or what.

They usually have a pretty decent rap act. Last time I went Wu-Tang was big final act. Also got to see TooShort there.

I read that Skrillex canceled because he had to “finish his album” which I think is really lame.

1 Like

My partner’s been a few times and I’d love to go. It’s just too costly right now with tickets, flights, and accommodations. Some day though…

Hotel prices are outrageous. Was once lucky enough to stay at the Crown Plaza (? whatever the fancy business hotel is) right across the street from Hart Plaza. A buddy’s wife let us use a bunch of hotel points she had built up from work travel and I think my end for the long weekend was still like $400 splitting a room with two others evenly.

2 Likes