Der Dritte Raum 'Hale Bopp' partitures

Wondering if some people here use Ableton can download the project in video description & kindly :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: share the partitures of some of the tracks. I would be very grateful :heart_eyes:

[update] direct link to Ableton project https://www.imaginando.pt/uploads/goodies/tutorials/der-dritte-raum-hale-bopp-project.zip

1 Like

ā€¦ohā€¦ohā€¦

the hale bob motive is outstandingā€¦and can be easily detected in any versionā€¦

donā€™t get urself into trouble hereā€¦no chance to use it it any way officiallyā€¦

back in the days, i was replacing the live co pilot of dritte raum for a few gigsā€¦two individual ableton setups with interfaces plugged into a bigger consoleā€¦beatmatching in oldschool waysā€¦
one track on one system, next one on the otherā€¦and backā€¦

i had the side with the hale bob computer onā€¦and whenever the first three notes of that motive popped out, the whole venue went nutsā€¦

itā€™s like the ā€œi canā€™t get no satisfationā€ track by the stones for dritter raumā€¦the must play trackā€¦no show without hale bobā€¦one of the alltime techno classicsā€¦

donā€™t have the ableton document anymoreā€¦sorryā€¦but it would be thin ice anywaysā€¦
check for ā€œswing bobā€ā€¦same motive thing in swing styleā€¦for that one u should find notationsā€¦

2 Likes

Such an amazing riff on this track :heart: One of those really timeless tracks which can be the highlight of a DJ set of any genre. Iā€™ll download this later and can share the MIDI parts for sure, Iā€™d be interested to look at how the riff is constructed as Iā€™m not very good at breaking these kinds of arpeggios down!

1 Like

I recall playing DDR stuff in my Dj sets in late 90ā€™s. Their music was 10-15 years ahead of its time. And Hale Bopp is a timeless classic. Recently I have heard a fresh remix in Cattaneoā€™s set and while being very ā€œcurrentā€ still canā€™t beat depth and minimalism of the original.

1 Like

That should be Maceo Plex edit?
I donā€™t think anyone can beat the original in this case, although that doesnā€™t mean they arenā€™t good. I really like the one by Boris Brejcha, for instance :smile:

By any means I am not discarding the remixes. They are very good and itā€™s good they have been/are made as they continue the legacy. What I meant is the original set the bar very high.

Don t see that happening in a hardcore set but yes, timeless classic! Love it!

Didnā€™t know about itā€¦ Like it! :smile:

:pray: :pray: :pray: :heart_eyes:

:roll_eyes::pray:t3:

:thinking::grin:

1 Like

:sob: :sob: :sob:

I exported the Ableton arrangement to .mid
How can I send you the files?

1 Like

Iā€™ve sent you a message
Thank you very much :+1:t3:

The midi to this all time classic would interest me too. Would you mind sending it to me too?

1 Like

No problem, send me your mail in a private message :+1:t3:

Oh didnā€™t know Audacity can parse .mid files
Thatā€™s a beginning :heart_eyes:

Preview of bass.mid

The beginning of lead.mid, more detailed

I am very happy :star_struck:

Work in progress (a lot :rofl:), but needed to share a preview :grinning:

I to would greatly appreciate the midi files please :grinning:

1 Like