Depeche Mode - World In My Eyes (Interstellar Radio cover)

New year and a new Depeche cover :grimacing:. I’ve always been very fond of this song, such a great start of the album with great soundscape and catchy hooks.

I tried a different approach to this cover - would be super interested in how you guys see and hear it.

As always, lots of Elektron gear used :slightly_smiling_face:.

15 Likes

Bloody amazing. Better than the original.

2 Likes

It’s so good, I feel inclined to double post.

3 Likes

Wow dude! I can’t wait to get headphones on and listen again! I love this song but I think I almost like your version better. Feels like a daft punk depeche mode collaboration, I hope that isn’t offensive but it’s so dance-y! Fantastic!

The robot and photocollage are really cool too.

1 Like

great work, sounds amazing!

my thoughts exactly!

1 Like

This is amazing! Fletch would have liked it!

1 Like

Many, many thanks my friend - super happy you liked it! :black_heart:

You are too kind :black_heart:!

The Daft punk influence is very much the direction that i strived for - really glad you picked it up!

1 Like

So happy you liked it :black_heart:!

:pray: - makes me really glad to hear :black_heart:

Very nice!! 🤌

1 Like

Many thanks for watching!

1 Like

Sounded even better in headphones my friend! In addition to the conceptual balance, also really well mixed. The breakdown around 2:05 might be my favorite part, maintains a lot of the energy even though the vocal drops out before the bridge section.

1 Like

Many thanks! I always find the mixing part to be the most challenging so I’m very happy you felt it was balanced.

The breakdown is probably my favourite as well :grin:

1 Like

The synth sound in the middle (2.41) of the songs seems straight out of Kraftwerk “robots”
:star_struck:

1 Like

Ah, yes - it’s intended as a little homage there :grin:. Many thanks for watching!

1 Like

Nice work man :+1: :clap:

1 Like

Is it A4 sound ?

No, it’s the Moog Minitaur :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thx a lot :grinning:

1 Like