Delays in Digitakt devs and other feedback

I’d be really interested in the source for that and while it wouldn’t come as a huge surprise, I’d still be pissed off big time. Not so much about OB, but the sound lock bug on the A4 is more than just annoying.

I think the only thing I saw on a NAMM video re: fixes and OB is that they will be released ‘very soon, as soon as we’re happy with them’.
Can’t help but feel expectations are being managed here once again… but hoping to be proven wrong.

1 Like

I’m really sure I heard it since I was a bit bummed too. I’m looking for the source atm. I only watched about 2-3 Videos about the DN.
It might have been on the Introduction Livestream which is not available anywhere unfortunately…
I don’t want to add fuel to the fire…in the end what can you do but wait…

same!

1 Like

Glad I decided to get on with my life, ignore learning the midi sequencing, and bought a portable audio interface.
DT is still better than fine for drum / mono sampling and internal sequencing :smiley: .

I think 90% of users want it for that… and will not be too fussed about the other stuff. Elektron probably realise that themselves. I can’t see me buying anything else from them any time soon.

the fact that elektron still adds features to products that no one ever thought would be added later ( OT mk1 trig conditions, and 2osc to the mk1 RYTM, etc. etc. ). should shut everyone up complaining about some bugs in the software. almost everyone here makes music as a hobby and not as a profession. let’s be honest, your lively hood isn’t dependent on your digitakt not crashing while making 4 bar loops in your office. it’s not that serious. and their demographic is exactly this, music nerds with disposable income. so sell it if it doesn’t work, other wise have fun making music and be surprised when they add features you never thought you would get. stop the god damn complaining.

4 Likes

Or you know, people can complain about functionality that was promised not being implemented within the timeframe, in threads specifically pertaining to that topic, and you can just ignore it.

5 Likes

Speak for yourself. I support a family of 9 with my one-man Autechre cover band show in Biloxi, Mississippi.

17 Likes

Complaining about people complaining is meta enough for me.

So I am not going to complain, about someone complaining, that people are complaining right now.

3 Likes

I’m never buying from Synthesis Technology again for this reason. Moved the goal posts on promised delivery date 3 times cause he went to a con and decided to make all the vendor modules before the actual paying customers who has already preoredered. Jumped me from 52 in line to 200+. He also said when he sells 500 he’s going to add through zero fm and I’m certain that time has come but no update. I have no time for people who can’t set realistic expectations.

The question is, why wasn’t overbridge at Namm? They promised a February launch (well after a previously delayed release date). Is that out the window now? Surely if they are still on track they could show it at Namm. I think they changed all the wording on the website too. Shameful. Some people will have to go a whole year loyally owning a product and not getting all its features or have it be usable in a live setting.

1 Like

it’s not February yet

1 Like

when’s your next gig. i’ll make sure to show my support. can’t have those kids starving !

1 Like

Whether it’s professional or not is irrelevant. These machines are expensive. They charge a premium and advertise a premium product. A promise that they are only sort of delivering on.

1 Like

i get it, it’s ok to be upset, i just feel the energy spent on this forum complaining is the equivalent of pissing in the wind.

1 Like

I think a lot of people here aren’t upset, they are disappointed in the business practices of this company. There was a time where you bought an Elektron product, opened the box, and it worked. Bug fixes came quickly. Now their product line is so broad and they are stretched so thin that a proper service level is no longer a reality. Since there are members of the customer service and development teams that monitor these forums I don’t necessarily thing it’s pissing in the wind. I will say though that I could tell from the tone in Cenk’s voice in the Sonicstate video that he, and Elektron know people are upset. I know Digitakt people the most (I was smart and returned the first one and sold the other) are disappointed from a lack of any real update on when they will have a fully functional product, though with my A4 I’ve recently found out I can’t use my direct outs (cause they are stereo for some silly reason) and I can’t seem to get the signal out of them without phase cancellation, so currently my Analog Four MKII is ON HOLD (that’s right I can’t use my 2000CDN after tax synth) until overbridge releases as that’s currently the only workable way I’ll get direct outs. That is extremely frustrating. The whole trying to troubleshoot the direct outs was another big cluster in another thread and ticket that basically lead nowhere, I provided measurements and testing and it basically went nowhere with Elektron so my confidence is also not very high.

1 Like

I think they seem to have learnt from the DT release. the DN is much more complete for its namm release. overbridge n bug fixes are on the way. I would doubt there’ll be another rushed release like the DT again.

2 Likes

I wish I had your confidence. I can‘t wait to get mine, but I‘m prepared to run into issues with it.

1 Like

Its not confidence, what i mean is DT was unveiled at namm un-functioning. and I get the feeling they rushed it to market due to the mpc live release. The DN may well have some bugs but its release is clearly much more prepared for.

2 Likes

Ha! I laugh at the new Elektron users, my Black Trinity is working fine with me and not an error to worry about!

1 Like