Delay pedals: looking for a specific sound/function

Like on the lexicon prime time, where you can ‘hold’ sound in the buffer, and then adjust the pitch with the ‘time’ knob. Any pitch-shifting wackiness can be grabbed in the buffer on the fly and held there, so the sound can mutate over time.

I have a TimeFactor which is really nice, but it’s a bit too intelligent - it always snaps the pitch of the buffer back to original after a few moments, and ‘hold’ grabs the sound before the delay rather than after, which is no fun at all. The looper on it is fantastic and does allow pitch shifting, but it’s not spontaneous enough.

I have a lovely DOD DFX9 which works this way but it’s a bit shy on controls.

Could someone with a Strymon Timeline comment on how its hold function works when it comes to pitch shifting the buffer?

Basically what I want is a Lexicon Prime Time in pedal form but I’m aware that’s a pretty big ask :slight_smile:

1 Like

this sound like how the old Boss DSD-2 pedal used to work - I spent much of 85-86 doing very hands-on sampling with that one. But like the DOD, it be a bit garage for what you need

Oto Bim does exactly what you’re looking for with its Freeze function. It even allows you to configure the function to be momentary or latch, forward or reverse.

For something less extravagant, the Hold function on Boss DD-3 pedals will do what you want as well.

2 Likes

After watching this video on the BIM I’m 1000% sold. Thanks for the tip. https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=HTudUGLa2EU

Now who wants a TimeFactor? :slight_smile: Will miss its looper but I think the Red Panda Particle will cover the granular side of things quite well.

or DD-7

Worth checking out the red panda pedals as well matey

1 Like

is a lovely video about this delay.

(And this great Daniel Lanois tiny desk has been posted a few places)

1 Like

Did this ever show up on the market?