Degrading banter from OTMK2 Intro thread

Truly, there are a lot of suckers out there.

1 Like

It’s true, I’m a sucker for well designed inspiring instruments, as are most musicians. Doesn’t mean we are all planning to upgrade in search of the new shiny, but the OT is a great box that I am glad will be around longer and more people will get to experience its power.

6 Likes

If wanting less “tone suck” from the OT inputs makes one a sucker, well, count me as one then too. I also love the rytm which IIRC you hated, so doubly so :troll:

Yes, truly there are many opportunities to be a passive-aggressive twat about things.

As regards my own delirious fanboydom regarding the new release, it is as much to do with the timing as anything else.

I had turned my previous Octatrack into a vaguely functional artwork, eventually sold it to Rusty as a test machine for his OT software. It’s a long story.

It took ages to realise but eventually i understood: selling the OT was a super stupid idea. A few days after making the decision to reinvest, the new OT design shows up. Very cool.

But yeah it’s just a hardware tweak update and possibly the most sensible idea right now would be to grab a second hand one slightly cheaper than it would have been before.

1 Like

Pruning to keep things on topic and within forum guidelines.