Dedicated drum machine

…and if you use sounds pack, it take 2 min to get basic groove going

1 Like

Especially the legacy products, each one brings something really innovative. MDUW & AR both it is then :laughing:

1 Like

I’ve heard that’s a great combo actually. Many say the sound signatures blend together nicely! You know that you won’t get talked out of it, after all you are on the Elektron forum. Hahah

Haha yeah, the key will be being able to save faster for the MDUW than the rate their price goes up!

This post inspired me to really set out and see what the octa and Op-Z could do together. Thanks for the inspiration.

6 Likes

I found a mint MD mk2 (non-UW) going for GBP 600 :grimacing: :grimacing:

Nice!

AR MK I. It’s an analog drum synth and mono sample playback. Once you know how to mix drums in mono you get really do a lot of good things in your songs

3 Likes

you could build your own modular drum machine. that way you can super customize the sounds you want to achieve and easily swap out anything you find uninspiring without having to flip a whole machine and learn a new one. plus you could sample hits and loops from it. tons of various small sized cases out there plus you could build your own if you have the know how.

i went modular last year and it’s the first thing i grab when i’m not sure how i’m feeling or what direction to take. wmd make fantastic drum modules btw. depending on the type of sequencer or midi interface you choose to utilize you can be extremely controlling over every trigger or let the machine breathe on it’s own. so many sounds to discover.

…running a norddrum via ot’s midi sequencer comin in via ot inputs treated by ot’s fx is doing all the trick…smallest footprint, at least with the nord drum 1 plus the best real drum to midi converter out there…

and if ur into techno…lxr sonic potions has the biggest balls in digital drums…
whatever drum synthesis ur using, is way ahead of sampled drums …expressive wise…

analog heat on cue outs, ot in studio mode, and ur all fine 'n flexible…

but maybe u wanna wait for the next upcoming swedish easter egg…the new machine drum meets mono machine in a digi footprint format…

I had the nord drum 2 and absolutely loved the sound. I didn‘t like that you couldn‘t switch select single sounds instead of a whole kit. But it sounded great.
The ND1 goes for so cheap I‘m thinking of gertting one to have the sound back.
Wonder how much limiting the mono output would be… do you really need drums in stereo? I guess I could pan the sounds after recording

1 Like

My drum mixing is very basic. Kicks down the middle, percussion at 10 & 2 :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve definitely thought of getting BIA and one or two other things. I do have a DPO and Mysteron plus PNW which would get me some places. On the list to do!

1 Like

Single drum sounds are ideal in mono. Im assuming you’d be feeding the OT sample chains? then just add pan to the plock. Low end is best down the middle but not required (eg homogenic)

1 Like

Sonic potions Lxr drum machine, nice sound, load your own samples FM synthesis and well priced

I also have one for sale plastic case version with the added I/O

Great machine not sure why I’m selling it…but you know how it is…I have my eye on other synths

1 Like

Where are you situated and for how much?

Scotland, where are you so I can give you an accurate price

Cheers

Sweden.

I think you might have broken everything. :sweat_smile:

This is frekn wikid

1 Like