Deckard’s Dream MK2

Beauty

1 Like

Oh, my :heart:

1 Like

Looks great!

On the price, as others have mentioned, it’s definitely boutique. I think it could cost a bit less, but you have to think about Black Corp’s history.

Roman came from selling somewhat pricey Buchla clone gear. Just from his point of view, it would be a step backwards to get into the affordable synth market.

Also, he’s in the enviable position of selling his versions of classics that nobody can get anymore.

I don’t begrudge he and his tiny company making some money off of these synths. Where else are you going to get 95% of a CS-80 for this price?

4 Likes

Love it. But tbh, I can really hear what I do with the Prophet~Rev.2 (sans HPF), and a Reverb pedal.

2 Likes

Really… my fault I never check out they offer DIY…

Loopop talks about DIY. The video is set to that point.

This video is a loop of me saying “Okay. It’s okay. I’ve survived the GAS…” then Loopop playing that brass chord with tons of reverb and me crying and starting over again.

The lack of ring modulation is the only thing keeping me out of debt right now.

4 Likes

That CXM 1978 sounds really good.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s the real clear and present danger to my pocketbook. I love my Mercury 7 so am trying hard not to listen to any of the new places the CxM 1978 can go.

2 Likes

Anyone use J.F. Sebastian with their DDRM? The MacOS version crashes for me on both Catalina and Big Sur.

FASÍLITU sequencing temporal modulation and microtonality with DDRM MKII and friends:

2 Likes

I really like the Deckard’s Dream Mk2 and think it’s an ideal polysynth for fitting into a mix. Having two structures per voice that can be shaped completely differently, with low- and high-pass filtering on each, allows you to really fit the synth into the space you want. Despite it being a CS-80 clone, it’s surprisingly versatile for that vintage synth sound.

Plus the table-top design is so much more convenient than the Mk1!

15 Likes

Beautiful piece of music Jay

1 Like

Oora

2 Likes

Preordered one. I had the original Yamaha CS80 which i let go of a long time ago. I think its time i got back to where it all started. This and the Buchla Easel will be a great team im sure.

4 Likes

maybe you can tell us from memory how it compares to the original … when you get your order in :wink:

1 Like

Sure. Im going get the Linnstrument to go with it. Too many keyboards again :slight_smile:

Black Corporation makes some great sounding instruments.

Anyone suggest a good Ring modulation pedal preferably with some Reverb and Delay as a companion for the Deckards Dream 2?

For ring modulation you could get the black corporation Rachel module / and for delay and reverb try meris pedals / specifically for reverb to pair with deckards get the CXm 1978 with midi control.

1 Like