Deciding between Analog Four or Digitone

Hey there folks,

I’ve quickly been turned into an Elektron fan in the past year. My Octatrack serves as my sequencer, and I was able to get a secondhand Machinedrum UW MKI.

These two do their job wonderfully, and pair with my other two synths:

Korg Minilogue XD
Dreadbox Nyx V2

However, I find myself lacking a particular ‘x’ factor when I’m creating music.
The nyx serves it’s purpose as a wonderful bass, atmospheric drone, or an occasional really low-fi plucky lead, so it always has a place in my setup. I find issue with my Minilogue.
The lack of band and high pass filter really put a damper on jam sessions, so I really want to expand by adding one new piece of Elektron gear. The first two that come to mind are the Analog Four and the Digitone.

What draws me to synthesizers is having what feels like a near endless playground to experiment sonically, so I heard the Analog Keys is the kind of gear that grow into, much like the Octatrack. I’m intrigued by steep learning curves, but only if it increases potential creative options.

On the other hand, I feel that having an Fm synth may feel a niche slot for when I like stream and create something with a classic sound, so I was thinking Digitone might fit nicely into my collection.
I was concerned that the Digitone may offer considerable less growth than the A4.

I was hoping to be able to hear other Elektronauts experiences with these units, and feel free to chime in with your own feedback.

35 posts were merged into an existing topic: Digitone vs a4 mk1…which one to buy?