Deactivate sending TRANSPORT on an individual midi channel

Hello,

I have a TR8-S and a Moog Mother connected to my OT. In the Midi setting I am sending TRANSP and CLOCK to the devices. I am using the internal sequencer of the TR8-S (so no midi notes are sent to it) but I am not using the internal sequencer of the Mother (OT is sending the midi notes to it). Since I am sending TRANSP to both devices, the TR-8S starts playing as it should but the Mother is starting its internal sequencer.
Is it possible to deactivate the TRANSP (start/stop events) only for the Mother (Midi T1, Channel 1)?

No, the Start and Stop message is not sent on a MIDI channel, so that every instrument can receive it. The same applies to MIDI clock messages.

I have read that the problem is that response to clock messages cannot be switched off on the Mother 32 and that the workaround for this problem is to program an empty sequence into the Mother 32.

Previous discussion here:

1 Like

I tried this already. Problem is, that prevents the Moog from outputting any sound. However, After hitting play on the OT, the Moog still starts its internal sequencer. So I have to manually press “stop” and only after that will the Mother accept the midi notes that are sent to it.
I figured it is a Moog Mother problem unfortunately…

Okay I just found a workaround:
On the OT assign midi CC1 to send a value of 127 to the Moog Mother.
On the Mother, set the assignable output to receive Midi CC1.
Then on the patchbay of the Mother, route “assign” to “start/stop”

This will stop the internal sequencer of the Mother after the first note is played on the OT.

1 Like

Yes, Start, Continue and Stop messages are System Real-Time Messages (not to be mistaken for MMC controls), like the Midi Clock, the Active Sensing and the System Reset. These messages are #FA, #FB and #FC respectively. You can filter them out with a midi processor, but also it’s possible to use a clock gateway: you sync a device to the master clock that also sends the start, continue and stop messages (like the OT) and then set that device to also send out the clock on one of its outputs and that stream should logically not contain the SRT transport messages. This doesn’t work with all devices, but you might be lucky.