DAW-Electron Sync The Start for recording

Hey guys
Iyo what’s the best way to get an Electron machine to start a sequence when you record it to a DAW. No Overbridge mode please. I want it old school :wink:
I’m having big problems to get an Octatrack’s loop right where it should sit in an arangement without recording, stopping and readjusting the loop to the right starting point.

Thanks
H

Midi clock can in some DAWS be shifted forward/backward to compensate recording and monitoring latency.

Some DAWs can be slaved to external midi clock.

[url=“https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2seraaKagYk”]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2seraaKagYk

[url=“https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2seraaKagYk”]
The cheapest way is that

The oldschool way is let empty space, record clean/trim… it’s shouldn’t be a problem if you know your tempo Ableton make a pretty good job with warp markers after recording

after, you have PRO way which is SYNC GEN (or) ACME 4 which is PRO SYNC based on audio pulse and not MIDI it’s a pain because of the Computer who introduce Jitter…

I had this exact same issue recently (I’m using OB, just to multitrack though, not to sync). I really wanted to use my external midi clock (ERM Midiclock+) since I often begin tracks without the computer and didn’t want to use a different clock (Live’s clock) when recording.

So I went back and forth trying to figure out how to go about this. Anything coming out of the Analog Rytm (via OB) would always be about 30ms behind and a couple of other instruments were a bit off as well. After pulling my hair out and thinking I’d just sync everything with my Live’s clock, I forgot that the ERM Midiclock+ had a resync feature that puts everything back in time on the next beat.

This is what I do to get my gear to play and my DAW, Live, to start recording.

1. Set Live to be slaved via an external clock.

2. Make sure the Record button is selected and that you’re on the Arrangement window.

3. Use the selection bar to select how long you want your loops to be (that’s if you’re just recording patterns).

4. Punch In/Out should be selected, and so, when you record your loop it’s all trimmed and ready to go.

(Now, typically, I’d have a bit of a delay in front of some of my loops after recording, especially the OB loops since they are being triggered by an external clock.)

1. When you press play on your external clock, everything should begin recording…press the resync button and everything should begin recording again, but there will be a bit of space in front of the loop that is not taken up…simply move all of your loops back to the first down beat and stretch out the back. You’ll have loops that are a tiny tiny bit shorter than what you had selected, just be sure to input the length of the loop manually via the loop length in the clip’s view.

2. You can then select all your loops and move them to the session view window. Rinse/Repeat for any others…

I can take pictures if you’d like to give you a better idea, but this was the best option I could find to do what you’re trying to accomplish.

PS I wish there was a way to do this without slaving Live, but I couldn’t find one.

BTW, why is this posted under the Sandbox forum topic?

Shouldn’t this be under Other Elektron Gear or Other Gear?

I would love to hear how other people get around this issue…

I got a Sync-Gen II Pro, works flawlessly.

I got a Sync-Gen II Pro, works flawlessly. [/quote]
Me too