Data loss & weirdly replaced samples

Hello, would call myself a pretty experienced Digitakt user with more than 4 years in the game.

Today something very strange happened.

I created a new, fresh project, loaded samples from the +Drive to the RAM, messed around a bit, built a pattern, saved it, turned the Digitakt off, turned it on again shortly after to sample from my recording device, then realized that the all samples in the RAM have gone completely NUTS! The sequences seemed fine, but ALL the samples from the previous saved state were GONE and replaced with seemingly random ones from the +Drive. Running on 1.40, haven’t experienced such thing in the last 4 years. What the heck is going on?!

Other users seemed to have experienced the same issue:

Hi, something similar happend to me! And I have no Idea wtf happend!!
For me it is like this:
I woke up to find my Project “A” completely messed up. I figured after a while that somehow ALL the Kit data was replaced with the Kit Data from Project “B”. Furthermore. Banks E to H contained the patterns of Project B at the respective Pattern slots. Also the Sample Ram was replaced by the Ram of Project B. So basically the only stuff that is left of Project A is the Sequence Data and Pattern Namens on all the Patterns in the Banks A-D.
Does anyone have an Idea what could have happend? Did I maybe by accident press a weird key combination or something? But even if I wanted to I wouldn’t know how to achieve this…
And maybe any Ideas on how I could find my way back effectively?

i had sth similar with completely shuffled track samples, but for me after reloadig the project it was back to good.