Dark Trinity Case WIP

No you don’t, and no it wont.
Not only do the analog MKI’s have vents on the bottom, they never get hot enough to create concern.
I’ve left them on for days at a time too.
Never experienced any kind of over heating, not even close.

2 Likes

I see. Mine is hot after a 2 hour gig even if it’s breathing to all sides.

Mine might get warm, but never hot.
I’m in TX if that matters?
My laptop gets hot, my RYTM doesn’t even get close to that.

The idea with the connection ports on the top of this case is genius and looks very cool! I‘m kind of jealous :slight_smile:
Nice work!

1 Like

I have a question, but I don’t think it’s worth a thread.

Can I place a Octatrack direct on the side of another elektron box or do they need a gap between the units for the ventilation/ventilation slot?

No major need for ventilation, you can see some of the previous responses for more details

1 Like

mmm…nice work @JuanSOLO :smiley:

1 Like

Hi there,

I really love your project and was wondering if you had got any further on the I/O matrix?

I had a little look on line about self build patch bays and many of the threads warn against trying it as it can be costly and complicated.

Cheers Matt

1 Like

Never finished it.
I didn’t leave myself enough room in the back for the I/O matrix.
At this point I’ve decided I want to swap out the A4 for an AK, so this has been on the back burner until then.
Making the I/O is just as simple as putting cables in all the machines, cutting the ends and soldering them to the jacks.

2 Likes

I suppose it’s difficult to future proof these things.

Thanks for the response.

1 Like

Perhaps it gets hard when building (half)normalled patches but simple straight connections should be just that, simple.

1 Like

It is difficult to future proof, nevertheless I’ve had my rig in this case for 4 years now.
Takes me 5 mins to set up for a gig.
Even unfinished it’s served it’s purpose well.

4 Likes