Daniel Hansson info on Elektron.Se?

I was curious about the life and philosophy of Daniel Hansson, credited as the father of the Machinedrum and Monomachine, after reading a brief Music Thing post about his death. So I was a little surprised that there was no results when searching the official site.

Where can I learn more about this guy?

Try Elektron-Users.com

1 Like

Same story, no results when I search for the name.

jeez I never knew he died, that’s very sad. He’s left an amazing legacy.

1 Like

try google. all the links to various forums and gear pages come up as well as news stories.

You won’t find much about Daniel Hansson himself on-line. Elektron was a very small company and the founders weren’t working for personal publicity.

Daniel’s username on the old Elektron-Users.com forum was simply “DANIEL”. Here’s a wonderful post by him in response to forum comments about the resurrection of the SidStation that gives some insight into the early days of Elektron (scroll down to post #11006):
http://elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=28&func=view&id=10946&catid=9&limit=10&limitstart=30

11 Likes

what a great post, thanks for sharing it :+1:

3 Likes

thanks for sharing this Peter. A great read but can’t help but feel sad that he isn’t around to continue working on Elektron products.

I figure he must be smiling down from the appropriate dimension at how much Elektron has grown and influenced artists and other MI manufacturers.

Very thankful he decided to re-establish the company because I can’t really see myself ever getting so deep into music production without Elektron. Even my first synth was the OP-1 from TE who i believe had some staff from the teams who worked on the MNM/MD (forgive me if i’m wrong)

1 Like

Naturally I did try that, however my search results were not very accurate as there are many Daniel Hanssons. If you have any links, that’s exactly the type of thing I’d be curious to read :slight_smile:

Ahh perfect. Many thanks!

1 Like

search for daniel hansson Elektron and there’s many many links. you just need to refine your search a bit. add “elektron” or “machinedrum” etc etc

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=daniel+hansson+elektron&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

4 Likes