Dan James Random tracks from last 10 years

had a listen for the first time in forever to some old tracks and i randomly picked them tonight to share for elektronaughts only… .anyhow check out a few of these tracks im heavy into music theory now and taking a different approach these days…

8 Likes

Just listening to Always Gonna Be now. Classic feel good house! Great vocal :heart:

1 Like

i have heaps of tracks these are just a few… mostly the theme is house hope you like bro!

1 Like

Not my genre but quality stuff :ok_hand:. Any official releases? (Whatever that means these days)

yeah released a few tracks on beatport just housey groove tracks under dan james,
night call was my first decent track released and a few others were much better mix wise

1 Like

Some really good sounding stuff man. Break A Leg is more up my street stylewise but the production overall is really nice. A lot of the tracks pop in all the right places.
Is all of the post done in a DAW? Whatever you got on the dynamics really works.

1 Like

ive made alot of tracks man, not sure i shared the best versions of any of them lol,
break a leg was made start to finish with elektron gear rercorded in one take!
probably why you like it!

2 Likes

Haha you calling me a fanboy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

nah but all the rest were made in ableton. maybe you you liked the sound quality of that one…
i do also. because of overbridge you can actually sidechain and mix properly, im a fan boy anyway i can admit it they make top gear lol

1 Like

Break a Leg sounds fantastic - you really nailed it with that one. Great deep house sound. Keep it up!! Do you still use a RYTM for your drums?

EDIT: And not much of a Fisher fan? lol

Ahh I see that’s quite interesting that I picked that one then! Hah it’s a running joke with my mates caus I’m a heavy fanboy…their stuff just works for me.

yeah man the kick on that track is the silky kick on the rytm the perfect deep kick imo, the chord stabs are the digitone the rest is the octa, sounds like a properly mixed track done live!

1 Like

This comment is re-igniting my GAS. I have Machinedrum & Tanzbar…no need for a Rytm…

No need for the silky kick?

Yeah av waxed a ton of cash on Elektron. I don’t spend a lot of money on anything else mind you.
That’s totally awesome…how do you manage that during COVID1984?

Its better than wasting money on cars or other hobby’s dude,
I see music gear as holiday money and its more valuable right now lol
I just managed to get in before the covid thing

2 Likes

ಠ_ಠ

1 Like

Just had this on as my gym playlist. So f@#king well done mate. Really good stuff. If it’s not out there for the masses yet, please get these out!

1 Like

Thanks man! They were just random tracks I picked out probably some are not even my favourites. tbh… I’ve just found the rest of my old tracks I couldn’t find when uploading this so Ive added a few more… the Track Closer I made during my music courses and played out a few times…

Always gonna be, is always gonna be awesome.

Amaze

Not sure why, but this track is just so well made. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes