Customer Support

I’m extremely frustrated with Elektron customer support, or lack of it.

Let me start by saying I have been an Elektron fanboy since I bought my first machine back in 2017. I love all their devices, their amazing sequencer, their great hardware design, and their tactile clickable mechanical buttons, and I love every time they update their firmware making them like new.

However, their customer support is pretty bad, or at least that has been my experience so far.

I recently purchased an Analog Four MkII and because I wanted to match the colour of my original grey Rytm I had no choice but to get one used from the second-hand market. ( I simply can’t understand why Elektron decided to stop making the grey models which to my designer eye, looks much better) Unfortunately, the one I was able to find online was not in the best condition even though the seller (%@^#$%*!) said it was like “brand new” and I couldn’t tell from the photos provided. When it arrived I noticed how dirty it was, and how disgusting the encoder knobs and buttons were. They felt super sticky to the touch and many buttons stuck to the case after pressing them. I cleaned the unit inside out as best I could, however, the sticky buttons and knobs make it unplayable and I decided to get a full replacement.

I first contacted Elektron customer support before Christmas but to this day I’ve been unable to place the order. I understand they were not a full capacity during the holidays and since then they have been dealing with a backlog of inquiries, but their reply time is over a week and when they do reply they don’t even bother to read the request!

They first told me they started a draft order for the button caps but they didn’t. After asking them to do it again I also requested to add the encoder knobs as well as a protective lid for my Digitone. It took them a week to reply and all they did was to make a Draft order for the buttons caps and nothing else! And since then the protective lid went out of stock.

I emailed them again 3 days ago requesting very clearly to add the encoder knobs and they haven’t replied yet. And because of the delay, I started another support ticket in the hopes someone else would reply quickly, but with no luck. Why?

Why does it have to take this long to order and buy something from their website? And that is the other thing. Since when did their website become this slug? It used to be great but now it is so slow and so buggy that sometimes I can’t even log into my account. Seriously, Elektron is a big company selling thousands of units all over the world and they can’t afford to hire a couple of extra people to provide good customer support.

Does anyone here have had a good experience with their support, or do I just have terrible luck?

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Elektron support : response time?