Current sounds coming from your gear (Part 1)

Picked up an A4 a few weeks ago but hadn’t really been able to use it until this morning because of health stuff. I’ve only had a couple of hours with it but I think that I’m in love.

2 Likes

Time for some Machinedrum GND action again.

7 Likes

Blofeld+Analog Heat MK2

7 Likes

learning Bitwig. Having fun!

7 Likes

Some Gear and FX. Live Recording.

Edit : I think it deserves a description

Drums : AR MkII > CXM 1978 Reverb
Melodies : Digitone > Microcosm, Typhon > EHX Platform
FX Sounds : A4 MkII
Additional Color : AH MkII (Boost Circuit)

10 Likes

Something on the Digitakt. Chopped drum break and some synth stuff from the Digitone and Skulpt.

10 Likes

Techno Techno Techno Techno!

13 Likes

some fly buzzing sounds from lyra. well, it’s a bit annoying, but lyra is fun.

6 Likes

My espresso machine started making modular noises and I thought, “Hmm, I should sample this,” but then I realized that the water reservoir was empty.

1 Like

Only MD machines with a static machine on OT playing a long field recording in background.

8 Likes

PRO3, DFAM, assorted junk and samples

8 Likes

Prophet 12 pad and Perfourmer arp in this one.

9 Likes

And some Machinedrum GND machines only stuff. Poppy kind of feels.

10 Likes

gorgeous!

2 Likes

Loving this, I would like to get my hands on a MD again one day, I was lent one for a while and failed to make the most of it

1 Like

Thank you @killingtime.

Thanks a lot! By no means am I making the most of the MD - after all, I’ve been using just the GND machines for two and a half months now, ha! - but I’ve embraced it more as a groovebox or 16-track digital synth than before. Heck, it’s kinda more than 16 tracks because you can do chords with just one track. I was doing similar stuff with the MD before the X.04 firmware but the fact that I couldn’t tune the machines as nicely as now made it frustrating. For me the X.04 update is nothing short of a miracle.

2 Likes

I think maybe the right approach is to use one machine constantly until you know it inside out?!

1 Like

9 Moog voices into the modular with a little A4 perc

7 Likes

:heart: for each of the 9 Moog voices. Lovely groove in this one, also starts moving along really nicely towards the end!

Yeah, getting to know a piece of gear isn’t rocket science. But it takes patience, which isn’t one of my virtues. MD jams have just been so much fun after the X.04!

…and some drony sounds (a couple of VST sound sources and some piano driven through the preamps of a Fostex 4-track) to close the night, as it’s past midnight here in Finland.

5 Likes