Current sounds coming from your gear (Part 1)

I haven’t heard any reports of modules destroyed by patching. Usually it’s putting the power cable on backwards, or dropping a screw or cable tip into an open case and shorting two rails. There are ways to avoid these situations. But perhaps it’s best to be afraid of “full-blown” Eurorack!

1 Like

Ah, good to know. And yes, very sage advice!

1 Like

I spent a while trying to fit a math pun into the album I’m working on.

This is the sound of me giving up:

Strings and arps were done on DN, arps sampled into and triggered on DT (there are two tracks with excerpts from the same arp line at different pitches). Drums are DN, accidentally pitched down an octave in Ableton then decided I liked them crunchier. The stereo separated generative thing in E minor pentatonic (IIRC) is a Mother 32 and a DFAM sequenced by a ZOIA, layered in Ableton.

Learned a lot while doing this. Including when to stop trying to make a thing happen that just really doesn’t want to. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

1st bit of a pretty long take…sort of.
Buchla Easel V (Arturia)

7 Likes

My second attempt with 0-Ctrl, forcing it to send two sets of pitch CV. More Strega this time, doing all the washed-out guitar-like stringy stuff and the glitchy higher bit. 0-Coast doing the low end.

17 Likes

Trying to do some neuro DnB stuff after being inspired by this post Hardware for DnB - #18 by LoomieDarko by @LoomieDarko.

14 Likes

NDLR + DNK + XD (noodlin’ away, love my new DN Keys. So inviting to just jam and come up with new ideas)

7 Likes

Something experimental with small live solo. :smiley:

https://youtu.be/XrxYcVP4aRQ

back on my DSI Pro 2. This synth never disappoints me.

11 Likes

Fors Roulette --> Buchla Easel V (Arturia) / SB Drucomputer

8 Likes

OT weird techno stuff with samples from TB-3 and Microtonic
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CfXFSWmK6Xl/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

been getting some weird grainy cocoquantus-esque static from my Korg SDD-1200 ever since i hooked it back up yesterday, so i figured i’d use it to my advantage

it’s not just a typical noise floor. it sounds like 16 bit organic am radio fuzz or something. lots of “alive” particulate floating around in there along with the vague leftover filtered & modulated delay tails from the last thing i played into it, so i sampled it into the Octatrack, created a 48 part slice grid, created random locks from the slices on a 64 step pattern, and used 1 flex and 2 neighbor tracks to add compression, filter, multiple 2 band eq’s, and a little dark reverb

there’s just a little bit of analog square wave lfo glitching into the delay’s sample buffer trigger input, which helped spice it up

@Ess needs to make hardware versions of these plugins. Sounds incredible

7 Likes

Seed B

Syntakt, miniKORG 700FS, Rev 2, CXM 1978

I really like how the Filter sings on the Rev 2.
The Filter and the Spring Reverb on the miniKORG are just amazing.

14 Likes

Techno System - Bassline Module with FM modulation from LFO

8 Likes

ISDN is one of my favorite albums of all time! It was just put together so well, and flows from one track to the next. (along the lines of say Paul’s Boutique or the like (though obviously another genre :wink: )

1 Like

Testing a newly built synth panel. Apologies that the beat never changes :smiley: It was just to put some context behind the sounds (as I had already done quite a few patches of just the panel…) I suggest jumping around a bit, as the types of sounds change over time as each section gets tested a bit more. All sounds except the drums are coming from the panel. (sometimes two or three at a time)

5 Likes

asking midjourney to make some spectrographs of some human speech about to how it’s feeling, then playing the spectrograph in virtual ANS =

5 Likes

Magnifique!

2 Likes

I’m feelin’ it too. Very nice!

1 Like

So I picked up a Lyra-8 on a bit of a whim as I found it a bit fascinating - and now having used it I have confirmed it’s a truly strange and baffling instrument - but a lot of fun! Kick added from Digitakt and some reverb from Polara.

It’s like trying to tame weather.

6 Likes