Current sounds coming from your gear (Part 1)

Latest live track is up on YouTube, called ‘SHIFT’ - here’s a little preview :sparkles:

3 Likes
6 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CeTR4m-h0Nf/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

1 Like

ffs i could feel the floor shaking with that one!

1 Like

Finally feeling i am getting somewhere with the Subharmonicon and the modular- aim- to get something rhythmically interesting without resorting to drum sounds (noisy recording, i think its Beads, darn it)

15 Likes

2 Likes

Very nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Techno System

8 Likes

The noise floor on this is super cool actually!

1 Like

oh, the Digitone recorded via OB is really clean so I created this -fake- noise floor: I made a patch with the Y output being just noise and the X output being the bell like sound. I blend a bit of the Y in the X to get some lofi vibes. (wouldn’t want people to think the Digitone is that noisy haha)

1 Like

It’s been a while! @brucegill was kind enough to let me borrow his Make Noise Trio for the summer, so I’m back in business! This is my first experiment with 0-Ctrl. I’m still not sure about Strega so it’s relegated to background reverb swells here. Most of this is 0-Coast with a bit of processing in Bitwig after the fact. Halfway through, I stopped the sequencer and got an awesome (IMO) section!

15 Likes

Just came back to see if I could listen to this… I had to download an app and then they wanted all my details so I gave up. Can you just stick a MP3 up? Be good to hear what your up to mate. (Hope all is well!)

Nice! They seem better in your hands!

1 Like

Thanks! It’s good to be patching again. I still don’t understand 0-Ctrl very well atm but it’s certainly fun being able to send three lanes of CV to the others and then feed signals back from the others to target things like clock, reset and stop etc etc.

Yeah, got a bit board of it as a sequencer, but as 3 LFO/oscillators (see loopop video) it was pretty handy and fun

Try the touch panels on the Strega. Maybe you can utilise those and patch that out to the 0C?

1 Like

Good ideas! I need to watch that Loopop vid again :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s gone mate. Live impromptu jam, up on Blast Radio for a short while and then removed. I didn’t keep any file. That’s me.

1 Like

Sometimes I like using an instrument that I don’t fully understand. I totally get the idea of mastering an instrument but once I’ve mastered an instrument, I get bored with it. Weird but I usually like my first jams made with a new instrument.

6 Likes

Yeah, I’m the same actually, though that does nothing for quelling GAS! I like how the MN semi-modulars are protected from “wrong” patching, because I regularly just try things and mult things to see what will happen. I might have ruined a few modules by now if I had full-blown Eurorack stuff :smiley:

1 Like

Actually because of that I think it doesn’t make sense to buy a new instrument all the time, as I’ll get bored with it anyway. Generally I got bored with all the new hardware stuff. Too many options… that’s why I’m considering buying a laptop to use max and a good controller again. So If I get bored during exploration of a new patch/instrument, then I’ll start updating it or building a new one.

Yeah that’s why I like Pulsar and Ciat Lonbarde as well. Especially with the CL instruments you can patch anything to anything but somehow they’re also designed in a very logical way.

6 Likes