Current sounds coming from your gear (Part 1)

Those ‘‘Theramin’’ sounds are lovely.

2 Likes

Here’s something I did today. DFAM, Hydrasynth, some metal percussion, and the sounds of the neighbor kids playing … and lots of effects.

6 Likes

Perfourmer solo in this. Some assistance from the Octatrack (midi arp for one channel), Oto Bim and Alesis Midiverb II.

9 Likes

Thank you :grinning:
It is the Kodamo EssenceFM and Digitone through Octatrack fx. EFM first and DN comes in with the glitchy beat, bleeps and the panned keys melody.

1 Like

Experimenting with time signatures - triplet/shuffle-based groove on AR vs. 4/4 on A4; distortion/saturation from AH…

6 Likes

Nord Drum vs FX sends

Piano vs FX sends

4 Likes

Love the piano!

1 Like

Thank you :relaxed:

I mic’d it using a H2N, processing the left and right channels separately through some compression and EQ. FX1 is a DD7 is reverse mode. FX2 is the Bluebox reverb. And I sent the FX sends back into each other :smiling_imp: it was a fun experiment!

Since you liked it, here are two more from last night’s session :slight_smile:

A cover :hearts:

Random jam

6 Likes

Sounds like a lot of fun! I’ve done piano recordings with the H4n myself and it gives a surprisingly nice (lofi) sound to the piano. Certainly usable for loops or processing in the Octatrack or the DAW.

1 Like

Sounds of things evolving. Building on the Perfourmer solo thing from earlier today I added some Subharmonicon, piano and Olafur Arnalds Chamber Evolutions strings. Still very much a work-in-progress.

6 Likes

Could we do/start another thread where “the sound coming from the gear” came from one piece of gear.

I think that could be interesting.
shoot this down if it’s a stoopid idea

4 Likes

I was just noodling around before checking in on this thread, nice random jam. I hardly know my theory yet, but it’s a pretty relaxing way to practice, assuming it counts as such!

Only Rytm and Novations Launch Control.

6 Likes

@borg029un03 So launchcontrol can talk to elektron? How did you configure it? I thought it couldnt be done.

I have a usb midi host and would love to use launchcontrol with my elektron gear.

I use the Cerebus (maybe Kenton has the better one) and the LaunchControl Editor Tool from Novation. There you can select Midi Channel and CC Message per knob.

Link to the Editor
https://resource.novationmusic.com/support/product-downloads?product=Launch+Control

1 Like

Legend! Thanks!
Ooof digitone and octatrack are going to love this.

OT-ND2
edit: a new one

7 Likes

Remix of my earlier track - still all DT.

10 Likes

Talented people here…thanks for this thread.

2 Likes

Dub techno loop.
Digitakt > Overbridge > Live

9 Likes