Current sounds coming from your gear (Part 1)

I am so lucky the 0 coast hasn’t done that to me. Sometimes I’m tempted, but some of these machines I already have are so complex, why would I want to design my own? :smiley:

1 Like

Now the sounds… a variation on a theme…

8 Likes

That’s cool how it almost sounds like there’s an acoustic guitar picking out those arpeggios. Nice.

1 Like

5 minutes with DSI Evolver and already it’s showing me how it’s gonna be

12 Likes

I haven’t patched anything interesting yet and I apologize for the random sequence, but I finally hooked up my new Radial Reamp box and I am stoked on how much better my guitar pedals sound with line levels now. This is 0-Coast through Chase Bliss Dark World, running Shimmer and Spring algos in parallel.

9 Likes

OT with @taro’s single cycle chords, Blackhole Reverb, Analog Heat.

17 Likes

Hats sound great on that :+1:

1 Like

Still playing around with the M8 tracker. The house organ and bassline are synthesized by the M8. The rest is sample based.

15 Likes

Yeaaaah, UK style! You could swing dem drums even harder, you know!

2 Likes

Which Radial Reamp box are you using? How do you have it routed? CBA pedals are supposed to work fine with line level signals so what benefits are you hearing from using the Reamp device? I’m asking because I’ve been contemplating if my setup could benefit from a Reamp box.

Good stuff

5 Likes

Nice Digitone sounds with pitched vocals

Digitone Pads :drooling_face: with 90s vox samples

Digitone chords and leads. MFB and Dual VCO on bass

Digitone chords and leads again w/ Wesley Willis samples - R.I.P. :pray:

11 Likes

Just having a grand old time trying to figure out how to make presets and what not on my Digitone. I really should have pulled the trigger on one of these a while ago.

7 Likes

I actually find it can be helpful in that it forces me to finish a track before I move on to the next thing. It’s not not annoying though.

2 Likes

I’m using this one EXTC-SA - Radial Engineering

Chase Bliss pedals have decent headroom for line levels but I still had to attenuate going in and add gain after like any other pedals I have. Mood sounds okay because it’s pretty lofi anyway, but Dark World did not sound good to me. I don’t know enough about impedance stuff but the top end response always sounded off on both pedals. With the reamper, line levels sound as natural as my guitar does.

I haven’t spent any time comparing yet, but it seems to make life easier when dealing with pedals. I’ve been wanting to use my guitar pedals to mix daw tracks and now I’m actually excited to because I won’t have to fight to avoid unwanted distortion and noise. It’s pricey but I’m wishing I got one a long time ago.

2 Likes

ITB but finally getting properly acquainted with NI Razor after having it for a few years.

8 Likes

Here’s a lil DN patch I worked on this morning while doing laundry. Sampled into Koala (over usb) then converted to MP3 using Audacity. Some AH for taste. Weird noises after the melody stops but always fun to see where the LFOs take your patch…

@Doug DN was my first Elektron machine. Glad you finally got one!

6 Likes

Messing with various drone patches on the Organelle, into El Capistan. Likely with compression and limiting in daw. I forget.

7 Likes

opz into organelle granular freezer, el capistan delay - compressor, limiter, etc. in daw afterwards to raise levels

5 Likes

Cycles’ cross modulation is sick! Impossible to control but so much fun to play with.

Should have put the note on the “pad” to INF length to get rid of clicks but totally forgot about it

8 Likes