Current sounds coming from your gear (Part 2)

9 Likes

More TR-06 and Subharmonicon (and a lil bit of 0-Coast)

15 Likes

I love it!

1 Like

6 Likes

So, new week. new Jam :slight_smile: I set out to make one JAM/song a week for a year as I think this is what will make me improve the most where Iā€™m at right now. I use My syntakt to sequence my Grandmother. Well, that came out wrong :upside_down_face:

The nice thing about the Syntakt/Octatrack - is that even the keys are not velocity sensitive - Velocity can be sequenced over MIDI. I can even use the MIDI LFO on velocity. On the Moog Grandmother side- since itā€™s semi-modular. I can cable patch velocity to the cutoff on the filter. Good times and heaps of fun!

3 Likes

Mistakes and tempo all over the placeā€¦ :man_shrugging:
Just testing if an SM57(which I recently bought) in front of the drums works for quick recordings as I have no other dedicated drum mics.

8 Likes

Syntakt with mutated Dissonant Witchcraft sounds, Sherman Filterbank doing noises and Prigozhin being a mad little guy. Arranged and slathered with Bitwig.

5 Likes

gladys nights

Lyra, OT, RYTM, SubH, A4

6 Likes

Sounds great.
All I had was a 57 for a while. Now I have a 57 on the snare, 52 on the bass drum. They feed into my DR40x, and I use the inbuilt mics to get the room sound. Works well. Good low budget simple set up, very happy with results.

1 Like

Thanks!

Iā€™m actually also quite happy with the sound of the 57 this way.

Plan(for years now :upside_down_face:) is to get the 52 as well and this one as an overhead to get a 3 mic setup.

Mics donā€™t seem to be my top priority though and I just noticed the 52 has gotten somewhat more expensive than it used to beā€¦

Iā€™ve made the 1st step with the 57, so the other 2 will eventually followā€¦someday?

My interface died a while ago , so I donā€™t have 3 mic inputs at this moment. Iā€™ll have to do with the 2 from the X96 for the momentā€¦So, I have(and want) to change a few things to my studio setup before Iā€™ll get the extra micsā€¦still looking at some different options, so it might take a while before we get thereā€¦ :smiley:

1 Like

4 Likes

Octatrack

The sound source is a spring reverb with graphic eq.

10 Likes

nice!

1 Like

MC101 - again - again :upside_down_face:

12 Likes

Another snippet(the end) from yesterdays drum recording.
Played a little bassline over it with the MEK and added some compression and a little bit of low end boostā€¦nothing really tight thoughā€¦ :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

OT noise through Supermassive and some (a lot of) compression

8 Likes

Super chill one today :sleeping:

Continuing to work with just the Digitakt and Digitone, this time to create a melodic ambient soundscape, using an interview from a film I dug out of the Prelinger Archives, ā€˜Poverty In Rural Americaā€™, and the cicadas from the latest sampling extravaganza :v:

No external processing or effects used, Iā€™m enjoying the limitations and exploring the new(ish) Digitakt machines!

10 Likes

Working out the song arranger in Machineā€¦. Rhodes, bass and guitar with a drum loop. Next thing is to work out how to get it into Ableton to adjust arrangements. And get better timing on my bass. And mixing lol

6 Likes

Well that was super cool. Perfect way to start my day!

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words. Late night S2400 solo mission.