Current sounds coming from your gear (Part 2)

I feel in Steven Soderbergh movie

I really like the idea of that and damn your sounds good for 1 hour effort.
is that 1 hour for everything? like create, record, process?

3 Likes

Tubesynth onlyā€¦

8 Likes

Very, very lovely.

I would love to hear about your process. I assume it is multiple takes going into a DAW for arranging / mixing?

1 Like

Not really, itā€™s a single live take. (into my phone) :smiley: The lower four voices handle the chord changes, while 5/6 add to that and 7/8 are the bleeps. The rhythmic thump comes from the lfo modulating some of the voice and the delay. Thereā€™s a Red Panda Particle 2 (a fifth up I believe, so thatā€™s why it sounds a bit more multi tracked and spacious ) + TC Hall of Fame on the sends. Thatā€™s it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, exactly 60min from an empty pattern to hit bounce to mp3.

I like the idea too. I have tried it a few times already, but it doesnā€™t always work out.

It was already late when I started with this. I wanted to start something new all day, but didnā€™t seemed to get to it. Then I challenged myself to make something in 1h and it worked out pretty well I think.

Iā€™ve been trying to put some more work in to my projects lately, but having to make quick decisions and go with the flow was a welcome change from that and was fun to doā€¦

Glad you like the result btw! :wink:

2 Likes

this sounds like a fun Mission Briefs thing, I would definitely participate in one, like a weekly 60 minutes from scratch to track, no genre requirements, only 60 minutes to produce something like 3-5 minutes trackā€¦ I wonder if more people will be interestedā€¦

3 Likes

been in a creative rot (perhaps working on my album is enoughā€¦ perhaps setting up all my gear to be playable on the go -and fixating on small details of no importance- wasnā€™t such a great ideaā€¦) so I forced myself a bit and fired up the Digitone. I donā€™t know why but it turned into a very ā€œmainstreamā€ synthpop/rock ballad. It was fun to do, very different from the album Iā€™m working on.
start with the Digitone for 50 seconds then Analog Rytm / Machinedrum / Rev2 for hardware synths (based on a live take, improvised singing and some work in the DAW)

6 Likes

:fire:

1 Like

hello Live 12, roar is crazy!
so far not digging the new filters though, seems unnecessary clutteredā€¦

11 Likes

yeah i like this, i tried to start a mission brief once on a similar tip but it was 5 minutes, and the sampling crew understandably kicked up a fuss as my criteria was too stringent (all sample sources had to be recorded within the 5 minutes). needless to say it didnā€™t gain much traction, but an hour would be both interesting to hear the final result, and potentially record as a way of sharing processes/workflows.

4 Likes

5 minutes to create a 3-5 minutes tracks is unreal, especially with something like rytm that needs like 5 minutes kit setup :smile:

potentially you could stream/upload to twitch/YT live but maybe 60 minutes is too much, who has the time to sit through 60 minutes jams?
maybe if itā€™s something like 15-30 itā€™s viable but otherwise just a recording would be good, 60 minutes is quite a good time frame to sketch, perform/record, do some basic post processing and renderā€¦ I really like the idea and if itā€™s weekly challenge then itā€™s really doable to do 1 hour per week whenever you have timeā€¦

1 Like

well it was just hit record from a blank pattern and see what happens, stop at 5:00.
so quite stressful and requires letting go of ego.

some people gave it a go but on reflection it wasnā€™t ā€œfunā€, an hour for trial and error and getting something more coherent by the end is kind of my current approach anyway.

4 Likes

(Iā€™ll stop clogging the thread I promise)
potentially it can be an hour or less, if someone feels the need to live on the edgeā€¦

if thereā€™s a new MB for such a challenge - Iā€™m in!

3 Likes

When your brain is in this mode, it settles way more faster than regularly.

1 Like

been playing with dexed (free dx7 emulation) in reaper. fm synthesis is so rad when you use a lot of automation; in this loop its just two instances of the plugin, tons of automation, no processing or fx other than compression and limiter.

does anybody know why dexed patches sound so good when compared to the same patch loaded in fm8? is it the emulation of the dx7 dacs?

5 Likes

live 12 is fun, if all this midi stuff will be available on push it would be insane

3 Likes

is 12 released ?

nope, but thereā€™s public beta available for all 10/11 users

so far working slowly on occasion but stable

1 Like

cheers

Yes , I think it does.
Not really a bad thing I guess when you want things doneā€¦

2 Likes