Current sounds coming from your gear (Part 1)

Today I feel like I’ve made some progress in my goals. I’ve even labelled this sketch ‘THIS SOUND’ to remind myself about the vibe. Drums on Model:Samples, synths played live on Polyend Tracker:

15 Likes

Trying to make my Digitone party like it’s 2004

9 Likes

Sirin + AR

11 Likes

OT drums, reaktor+kontakt synth work. AD Eos2 reverb.

9 Likes

Literally the first sounds of the Vermona Perfourmer I got yesterday. Did the routing thru the patchbay (Perfourmer --> Bim --> Bam) and pressed play on my OT - there was some old midi arp thing on the channel the Perfourmer was receiving on. This is what it sounded like. Pretty much fell in love right away.

16 Likes

I really like this.

1 Like

This will make the wait for my Perfourmer feels a little bit longer now. You got it yesterday?

1 Like

I get what you mean - but think about it this way: For me it took about 18 months to decide to get one (this was 2nd hand) but about 10 seconds to fall in love with it. Saying this is a special synth feels like an understatement.

2 Likes

Playing with VCV Rack and trying to stave off getting into eurorack. Marbles sequencing Tides and Plaits into Supercell, plus utilities.

I haven’t gotten around to editing this down yet and the forum wouldn’t let me post it as a file, so here’s a private Soundcloud link for now.

4 Likes

Common mistake. I’d try something like burning all your money or cutting up your credit cards if trying to stave off getting into euro!

7 Likes

Seriously, I already have a few modules and a case kit sitting in shopping carts waiting for me to be the weak fleshy vessel I know myself to be. And all because of that fucking 0-coast… it’s only a matter of time I suppose.

3 Likes

Just do what I did.
Build out a small lunchbox system from used modules.

Then try to make two tracks at the same time. Once you discover the immediate caveats that come with the loss of patch memory, sell the modules to the next poor sucker for the same price you paid, and never look back.

10 Likes

I am so lucky the 0 coast hasn’t done that to me. Sometimes I’m tempted, but some of these machines I already have are so complex, why would I want to design my own? :smiley:

1 Like

Now the sounds… a variation on a theme…

8 Likes

That’s cool how it almost sounds like there’s an acoustic guitar picking out those arpeggios. Nice.

1 Like

5 minutes with DSI Evolver and already it’s showing me how it’s gonna be

12 Likes

I haven’t patched anything interesting yet and I apologize for the random sequence, but I finally hooked up my new Radial Reamp box and I am stoked on how much better my guitar pedals sound with line levels now. This is 0-Coast through Chase Bliss Dark World, running Shimmer and Spring algos in parallel.

9 Likes

OT with @taro’s single cycle chords, Blackhole Reverb, Analog Heat.

17 Likes

Hats sound great on that :+1:

1 Like

Still playing around with the M8 tracker. The house organ and bassline are synthesized by the M8. The rest is sample based.

15 Likes