Current sounds coming from your gear (Part 1)

little diddy on the digitakt—

1 Like

@trytykee is doing a good job of presenting the Pulsar 23. Best demos I have heard online easily. Why there isnt an album released by now is beyond me. There is easily enough material in this thread alone posted by @trytykee for a few EPs, or a solid album.

3 Likes

Very much agreed! There could’ve been a Nord Drum 2 album and another one with ND2 + Machinedrum before we even got to Pulsar territory. Consistently awesome stuff without any hickups even when there’s a new instrument in the fold - super impressive!

3 Likes

Some lazy clips running stuff through my new Boss SD-1W

@Lauli

SH-01A (using the first preset sequence) + SD-1W Standard setting:

SH-01A + SD-1W Custom setting (same knob values as prior clip… ignore the false start, forgot to edit that out hah):

Digitakt (mostly 808 samples, I think) + Standard setting:

Digitakt + Custom setting:

and a Digitakt jam with the Custom setting:

4 Likes

Mhhmm, I like the way the bottom end eats up the hats in the last clip!
Thanks for making these. Sounds like a solid pedal

1 Like

MPC 1000 Looking for an OT to start a relationship

1 Like

@Microtribe, @korpinen, wow thanks, appreciate the compliments. The thing I’m struggling the most while making music is the arrangement. I just don’t like it and I’ve been searching for an alternative way of finishing a track. I should actually try to free up myself from overworking and just record several takes of a performance, comp the best bits. But the idea of making an album with a single sound source sounds cool and I’m gonna try that.

4 Likes

@trytykee, you dont have to do much at all, just extend the grooves to around 4 - 5 minutes. Maybe build them up , then strip them down. Maybe add one other element if you feel it needs it The simplicity is what makes them. But yeah… if I was churning out sketches like that, Id have an album by now. Keep them coming.

4 Likes

been making semi-improvised stuff with just the Volca Drum plus fx and really enjoying pushing this simple setup.

I sequence Chase Bliss Audio MOOD (on/off, each footswitch or side of the pedal and maybe some tweaks to clock, lfo something) and been tweaking Microcosm live.

I essentially have a default ‘melodic’ kit on my Volca Drum that I ‘tune up’ prior to simply performing. Happy to get nerdier than that if there’s any particular interest :sweat_smile:

edit: for transparency, the intermittent chords on ‘Gong Bath’ are a Digitone overdub! trying to not get too precious like ‘must protect the improv’ but also embrace minimalism.

3 Likes

Still exploring/learning the AR, now with assistance of the XD

Not sure if the Waza craft version is worth the extra money but I’m happy with it!

It’s quite loud, watch your levels.
P23 - OT(sending only CCs, no trigs)

3 Likes

Our first completly improvised jam-session got uploaded today as a podcast for our local collective!
It’s a bit of an up and down at some points and not flawless at all! ^^
Still I’m somewhat okayish with it, time will tell if this route is going to be fruitful, as we’re planning to do more of these!

We used MDUW+, Megacommand, Monomachine SFX60+, Strymon Big Sky, Vermona Mono Lancet, Digitone, Digitakt and a Moog Sirin.

3 Likes

Been testing various guitar recording setups to get the best quality I could, then got board off a-b testing so got lost with a ZOIA sequenced oscillator into a Strega… and a bit of granular-ish Bitwig stuff with the original guitar recording (that now may as well been recorded on my phone lol). Having fun though…

3 Likes

MS20 DRONE
with quadraverb

5 Likes

Really cool. How did you make the feedback loop?

I guess that you were in the MS20verse and that the recording was much more longer. Nice droney trip, it sounds great!

1 Like

Yeah the recording was about half an hour long. So I chopped it in audacity, just kept the end bit.

MS20verse indeed. I might revisit tomorrow. Using the ESP as a third voice, you can get the frequency down really low, like into the clicks. Might be able to use that to trigger envelopes and free up the LFO.

1 Like

Feedback patching on Pulsar is really fun!

6 Likes

Matriarch on drone
Blackbox on pitched-down MPC60 samples, granulated rain, and AK cello
Bluebox on 'verb, delay, eq

No cello, more drum manipulation

2 Likes