Current sounds coming from your gear (Part 1)

Looking to be another busy day making music (kids have their first sleepover at the grandparents since early 2020).

This one is Machinedrum through Octatrack.

7 Likes

7 Likes

YES! 7AM for me and this is a grand start to the day.

1 Like

Another one for today, Prophet 12 through OT played live. Testing this combo potentially for a friend’s low/no-budget film soundtrack stuff.

4 Likes

Damn. This is really good. Like if Clouds decided their sound was much too clean.

1 Like

High praise indeed.

I’m still figuring out my gain staging with the new setup, my poor octatrack is being pummelled by external signals, red lights everywhere.
I’d say I’m about 95% of the way to getting the sound I want just right. Problem is I’m about 50% of the way to being any good at using all of it.

Practice practice practice.

2 Likes

Red is still safe for the OT AFAIK.

Biggest rec: lower all track levels that playback samples, increase main outs, and then play around with THRU levels :slight_smile:

Totally, but it would be nice to see a yellow or green light once in a while, just to know the LEDs still work.

2 Likes

Right on! :sunglasses: glad you enjoyed it

Might as well share another from that session. Love changing the oscillator octaves on the Matriarch while droning

FWIW, I upload WAV files through Dropbox. Never knew Elektronauts had ability to host audio :man_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

Really digging the sounds you get out of that Prophet! My wallet is glad I don’t have any space for a new synth right now :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Underneath the OT fx it’s @BoBSwanS’ awesome patches on display here.

2 Likes

Nice work, thanks for the kind words.

2 Likes

First jam with the DSI Evolver. MD and Evolver are getting to know each other :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Playing with the new Digitakt update today and decided to put something together. Running a TB03 through the Takts inputs also. Featuring Artwork by my daughter and her vocals at the end. Enjoy!

8 Likes

thats going to be a fruitful collab i suspect, nice

1 Like

Probably best you don’t listen to this on phone speakers.

6 Likes

DSI Evolver only with some OT reverb

6 Likes

That is so great. Now I want to be in front of a big old stack. Man.

Here’s some chilled stuff, I had a jam! :loudspeaker:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQO0H6noRBd/?utm_medium=copy_link

1 Like

Made a simple synth patch using an FM synth, sampled it into the Digitakt, pitched it waaaay down, and filtered out the low end. Man, the latest OS brings so many amazing features :smiley:

10 Likes

:joy: phone ded

1 Like