Current sounds coming from your gear (Part 1)

Great! Care to share details/gear? What’s on the master track?

1 Like

Sorry I’m not musically/technically inclined….what’s on the master? :grimacing:

risking looking really dumb

edited for clarity, I meant what did you do on the master track (or if you compressed the WAV for example). I like the mix.

There are some great mixes here and it always makes me wonder, the current sounds coming from your gear are always passing through limiters/compressors or are you all mixing geniuses?

Thanks…all I ever do is use that plug from Softube called The Knob. It’s free :slight_smile:

I just put a little of that.

Or do this thing I saw about compression, forgive the description I might be getting it wrong , where you filter the lows a little and boost the output, and it brings up the higher side…hmmm that sounds weird. I’ll try to find the thing I read about that. I can take a pic of the settings I use.

But that’s kinda it. A little of the Knob or a
little of that filtering compression thing.

:man_shrugging:t5:

Gonna add: Sean [Ae] said something about dynamic eq-ing a little chunk at 3000khz(?), I try that sometimes…I don’t really hear a diff tho. 20+ years later and I still have no clue.

1 Like

Now that you mention it, could fit!

I was meddling with odd settings on the DFAM and some of the new v1.4 kits on LXR02…bit of eowave swarm in there too.

4 Likes

pulsar-octatrack

6 Likes

MC707 + OT Zencore can sound very crusty and ‘analog’. :ok_hand::musical_keyboard:

5 Likes

…Only if this 3rd movie would be worthy of the first.

1 Like

Oh melancholia…

1 Like

I didn’t quiet like BAM upon receiving it… but I’m starting to take a shine to it. I don’t think I’ve ever come across a more tweakable reverb, the pitch shift on the size knob is sooo smooth!

Here I’m running a super crusty OT beat through microcosm and BAM and playing with their knobs… a lot of fun was had!

3 Likes

0 Coast/Fors Bokeh-Box

10 Likes

just recorded a quick take of a pattern i started yesterday - I think im going to call it “Oh shit, its the cops (quick - pretend you’re asleep)”.
needs another element or two, plus at least a full other pattern but i think its going somewhere

I’m trying to get a bunch of ideas together for a set!

DT DN AH2

5 Likes

I do not hold out much hope for it in these times but dreaming is okay :wink:

1 Like

4 Likes

5 Likes

Another slow and simple, bassline heavy Techno System groove before all those elaborate Perkons tracks start dropping… :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Made me think of MTV :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s a lot of music on MTV… :sunglasses:

Not the music…the vibe. I didn’t say it made me think of music on MTV. It made me think OF MTV. :+1:t6:

Would be great with the old splash screens and segue clips

1 Like