Current sounds coming from your gear (Part 1)

4 Likes

I think itā€™s an important thread. So many of us will have machines filled with these loops and ideas, and certainly I need a push to take the right ones beyond that and try to make tracks from them - or develop them enough for coherent live performance.

7 Likes

A little Violin from the Subharmonicon

3 Likes

OT - ND2

7 Likes

Hereā€™s todayā€™s fruit. RYTM and DFAM with some arabic spoken word and a whole heap of effects.

7 Likes

machinedrum 7/8 sequence farting itā€™s way along.

13 Likes

Now this is some sound design work! Almost spilled my coffee at 0:01. :rofl:

2 Likes

the MDs retrig + filter + AM + a CTR-ALL mod can accurately model several body holes it turns out. (been my afternoon soundtrack for 30 minutes now, very jolly)

3 Likes

Are you sure you didnā€™t use the UW part of the MD? :dash:

2 Likes

there are some single cycle wavs involved. but i didnā€™t record any personal flatulence if thatā€™s what youā€™re insinuating.

3 Likes

:clap:t6: :clap:t6: :clap:t6:

Sweet!

1 Like

Made this yesterday. Today I have added a B section but havenā€™t recorded it yet. I actually might start another thread about where Iā€™m getting my sitar sounds from. I have some really really really old records my father-in-law gave me that are straight from the source (no English to be found anywhere on the labels). Anyway, thereā€™s a story but I donā€™t want to go off-topic here. So yeah, just messing around with some vinyl snippets and Digitakt on itā€™s own.

11 Likes

@trytykee love those ND and OT explorations!

Hereā€™s another lo-fi piano study:

I used a cheap dynamic mic this time, through compression, Deluge pitch-shifting and then reverb and delay of course.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty

1 Like

Nice snippet. Thievery Corporation style.

Yes, very Lebanese Blonde. I always liked that one and it stuck with me. I have a ton of beats with the sitar.

1 Like

I would love to put my hands on Sitar Samples.

Iā€™m working on figuring out how to share them here.

2 Likes

That would be awesome. You can always upload them in the Files Tab.

OT-NT2-a drone sample from Lyra-8

3 Likes