Current sounds coming from your gear (Part 1)

Continuing to experiment with modular + video, here’s a short clip with visuals provided by @plragde. (I intend to do some longer, more thoughtful stuff, but for now I’m just having fun poking at buttons in iMovie and seeing what happens.)

8 Likes

5 Likes

Good luck mate. I did an open mic night in Leicester once. I think I left immediately after the one tune I played. Went down like a shit sandwich.

Never did an open mic since.

4 Likes

:joy:

This one’s not so bad, it’s specifically for electronic music and everyone’s pretty supportive.

Last time this guy wanted to run a load of feedback through the desk and the sound tech was having none of it, so he did a performance noise piece round the pool table through his MacBook speakers. It was ok until he started gagging himself with a drumstick. Basically, it’s the sort of gig where there’s nothing you can do that’ll not at least get a polite round of applause.

5 Likes

12 Likes

5 Likes

@craig no distorted squealy nonsense here. Just clean smooth bouncey repetitive waves of acid.

4 Likes

Very nice! And some rather excellent beats too :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Posted this over in the hip-hop thread, but thought I’d post here as well for mass consumption. Something for your morning coffee or evening nightcap. I used the Machinedrum UW+ just as a sampler for this one, ran through the Heat.

5 Likes

9 Likes
2 Likes

I’m sure I saw some time ago someone modded their Lyra’s Tune knobs with knobs that can do finer movements (like those things on the VCS I think I don’t know what it is called). Or maybe they just said they want to do it.

1 Like

Some more drony sound from the 2600, with SoundToys EffectRack. I mistakenly had the left channel turned up way louder, but (through headphones at least) it gives a weird sense of space with the effects being much louder on right channel.

4 Likes

I like the tension in the slow one. No need to run fast.

1 Like

I prefer the slow one too. Thank you.

Are they both exactly the same patch I was wondering? I much prefer the slow one too!

1 Like

Edit : Same Patch, different tweaks.

1 Like

I’ve read about various Lyra mods, but I have no skills in this area, and this is a borrowed unit anyway!

1 Like

Some very chilled Piano loops…

Been thinking of getting an OT again but forcing myself to learn Ableton and Push 2 a littler better. Pleased I have as its so quick to play a piano VST, record it, convert to Simpler, chop, reverse, pitch and filter it.

Then finally managed to do a firmware update on the little Menu Qi Wingie2 - so added that. and lots OTO BAM and CB CXM…

12 Likes

giphy

6 Likes