Current sounds coming from your gear (Part 1)

One of the most interesting clips I’ve heard of it so far. Seems like a lot of use of the instrument is very range-bound within ambient background chord generator

1 Like

Patch the oscillators back into one another and it can create all sorts of non-standard SubH sounds, from burbling percussive stuff to all-out noise :slight_smile:

1 Like

Little Techno Jam with my TR-8s.

5 Likes

I am just opening my eyes to this, Moog did a good job of designing it, its really open with patching possibilities beyond the obvious

1 Like

Yes, definitely. I’m looking to pick another one up. It’s such a weird but unique synth. I guess no one would see it as an FM synth but that’s essentially what it allows you to do with patching this into that. Having six oscillators is a massive plus point for expérimentation.

3 Likes

wow, imagine 12 oscillators! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Buy two of them :smiling_imp:

Édit: I’ll stop waxing lyrical about the SubH now. No current sounds from me right now (I’m on holiday for a few weeks) but so much great stuff is coming out of this thread right now. I’m really enjoying listening to everything!

3 Likes

Thank you, yes I do love that subharmonicon “sound” but it is great to push the boundaries a little too

1 Like

LXR-02 – Solo.

7 Likes

PolyBrute doing a little homage to Rain World, the rain sound is filter FM on the ladder filter.

10 Likes

Thanks man! Appreciated :black_heart:

1 Like

A two parts edit from the same Patch/take.
Buchla Easel V (Arturia)

8 Likes

grime with easel :bomb:

2 Likes

Thanks !
I’m so glad i’ve finally started to study it.
Playing with a real one must be incredible.

1 Like

I haven’t heard anything like this made with the real one. Very good!

1 Like

Got to play with a friend’s KARP 2600. Made a drone for the drone challenge (filter droning), but then also patched a Oscillator to modulate the filter (in addition to going to the VCA). So when you play the keyboard it plays the note but also changes the filter’s drone. Going through a CXM in lo-fi mode. Do the world need another reverb drenched ambient thing, maybe not - but it sounded good. Pop at the beginning is the spring reverb as I switch the 2600 on.

8 Likes

Nice. The delays on the Lyra-8 is wonderful, isn’t it?

1 Like

They are! I want fine tuners on those knobs, though. I have to sit there blowing gently on them, or maybe brushing them with a camel’s hair brush with only three hairs remaining on it.

2 Likes

A single Digitone operator, detuned to 0Hz, with high feedback. Random LFO modulating the harmonics parameter.

Credit to @Akio_Daku for discovering this behaviour.

13 Likes

digitakt scramz

1 Like