Current sounds coming from your gear (Part 1)

Yiiir!

So much fun. Would like to hear your tunes as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Inspired by @scot_solida 's Atari/CZ-101 story I made this generative pattern on the Analog Four today:

It ended up reminding me of David Edren/DSR Lines, a Belgian synth guy you all should check out if you don’t know him:

7 Likes

A couple of hours late last night exploring the hapax a little more and it’s symmetry reordering/ generative function.

Apologies for low volume.

12 Likes

DN – Minimal explorations. 20220314

8 Likes

This is beautiful,
I don’t know anything about the hapax, would you tell us more about this reordering/generative function, and how it’s working in this example?
Besides the sequencing I think I really love the kit of sounds you used. Am I hearing the monomachine?

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words.

The hapax symmetry function kind of reorders timings and / or pitches, depending some parameters you determine. I’m not fully understanding it yet myself, just enjoying the results of using it.

On this track its reordering a boring bass sequence I recorded by unexpectedly deleting some of the sequence and moving the rest of the notes around into something more interesting - I like the result.

Sadly I don’t own a monomachine, it’s all sequential rev2 and analog rytm synth engines (which I absolutely love), and a little bit of dfam.

3 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

ok, something went wrong, that pitched up my recording?!

Bit cheesy, but I needed some chill out time…
Pro 3, Matriarch, Noir (Piano VST)

9 Likes

Just Rytm and Polivoks, no external effects, no Acidbox.

Wanted to see how far is too far. Still not there.

8 Likes

Lavendertown-ish. Analog 2. Random arp and conditional trigs. DRY. Did not expect it to sound like this.

4 Likes

granularlove

4 Likes

This is brilliant, love the atmosphere

1 Like

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

Just messing around in VCV Rack - 6 Plaits clones being run by two SEQ3 sequencers and a bunch of quantizers, with Plateau and Supermassive - that will probably end up as sample fodder.

6 Likes

syntrx

syntrx grooves

6 Likes

My first play (just random notes) on the Deckard’s, going into Beads, then from the Cosmix a send to the ErbeVerb. Extra hi and lo droneage on the JMT Synths.

7 Likes

Same as above with different Cosmix and ErbeVerb settings. Still a hot mess.

3 Likes

Some Ether in levitation.

1 Like

new to my Octa …
tryed some chaos LFO modulation, ParaLocks and FILL in some Techno Contex

4 Likes