Current sounds coming from your gear (Part 1)

Introducing the 0 Coast to the Digitone

9 Likes

Thank you for listening, much appreciated!

1 Like

Drambo

8 Likes

:+1:t6: :+1:t6: :+1:t6:

1 Like

I was in the mood for some dubby vibes, the minitaur made me do it.

11 Likes

current comedy tragedy sound. forget the sound.
captured an encoder shaft shearing off…!?
must of been a micro fracture that just popped…
this content captures a man refusing to accept this just happened, reinsert, realise it still fits in the groove of the snap and can control, but is no longer attached…
cutters choice wheeze laugh reaction bonus at end.

2 Likes

Perkons, OT, Sherman and Boss BX. Perkons is the only sound source.

Recording sounds like shit, but you get the idea…

3 Likes

Oh man! That is brutal :0(
Can’t really click the heart button for that post.

2 Likes

Technically, it’s not my gear, but Donovan’s. You can tell it’s his, on accounta the photo being black & white. His MkI Korg MS-20, to be specific, or the carcass thereof, after a bit of surgery and what can only be charitably referred to as ‘calibration’. To test it out, I fired up the free version of Tracktion’s Waveform 12 DAW and an old laptop, and connected a Keystep.

Everything here is MS-20. There is one sequence in the second half that was my guitar running through the MS-20 and filtered/modulated. The only effects were some delay and a single reverb on one of the tracks. A somewhat haphazard bit of Ozone was applied to the final result.

11 Likes

Obviously :slight_smile:

Speaks to your skills as a synthesist that you were able to make a complete track on one monosynth in an afternoon. And a dope one at that.

4 Likes

Thanks. There was a time when I had no choice but to make complete tracks with a single monosynth. And that time was 1986. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Masterful.

8 Likes

Mixing with very high levels of distortion on broken mixers from the 80’s is hard.

Patience.

4 Likes

first sounds with the new setup (serge). there is a lot to learn…

10 Likes

Track 2 | 02 : 03
Holy Moly.

1 Like

I was trying hard to control the feedback, then just gave up. Happy little accident.

2 Likes

Indeed.
That’s why recording is so important.
I’m really understanding this with my humble modular baby steps.

1 Like

Yes but these days I’m trying to create a structure while recording once I’ve achieved the sound/patch that I want as I really don’t like using a DAW for editing. But I stopped recording while just tweaking or patching. First patching, then playing the patch for a while and finally recording some takes with it…

I’m also thinking about recording some sounds into the Octatrack, then use them while playing a patch. I actually need a sampler with individual outputs. Is there any? That would be great to send them to serge again for processing and use them in a feedback loop. I’ve already tried it live by sending two different sounds from Serge to the OT and added some phaser and chorus, sent them back to the Serge via Cue Outs but I’d like to send more than two channels individually.

2 Likes

What happened with Reason? You’re no longer a reasonuser?