Cue Track via Headphones

I tried searching for this, but doesnt seem like it’s a thing? Is there any way to cue a track to headphones-only and not master/track out mixer-style? I do a lot of live performance, and want a way to be able to preview sounds while flipping through the sound browser.

Nope

1 Like

you need to use the individual outs and use a mixer that has cue

I was hoping to avoid having to use a submixer. Ah well.

hmm well in a pinch I guess you could try disabling a sound from the main outs temporarily, attaching headphones to the indiout in question, and then re-enabling that sound in the main outs. Very clunky, will require a lot of plugging and unplugging the headphones, and due to the indiouts nature you will only hear the sound from one side of the headphone (indiout impedance will not probably be what your headphones want to see either).

Or you could just get that mixer… :nyan:

I bet sound cueing was not included in the original design brief of the rytm, therefore it doesnt really cater to it… And if you save your sounds to the soundpool and name them adequately, theres not much need for cueing a sound in advance IMO

Is there any drum machine (except the OT, which is way more than a drum machine) that would have such function?

Live sound designing does get a little more challenging though :stuck_out_tongue:

but why would you sound design live inside a cue bus? Nobody in the audience would know… Wouldnt it be better to sound design audibly? At least then the audience would know you are doing it.

That s for when you re feeding the masses their boring techno and you want to listen to something better in the meantime :wink: