CUE sampling

OK on recommendations here - I have deviated away from Sampling on a few Individual tracks and using the QUE for the first time as a Sampling Bus and the benefits of sending any track combo is super nice!!

A few questions if I may:

Are there any other advantages of using the CUE as a sampling bus?

Which Recording Buffer track are you using for QUE recording (or are you preconfiguring all the tracks so you can hit REC on any)? I did see that you can use the Recording Buffer on the Master but cannot check the AED

1 Like

Compare to MAIN recording, it can be dry from master fx (if T8 is master track).

You can record CUE constantly and send it in a feedback loop with Flex machines, different pitch, fx, and create high quality and/or crasy fx.

Can be any track, even T8.

For CUE rec with feedback fx I usually use T7, and T6 additionally (one with delay, pitch +12, other one with reverb).

Studio mode is usefull to see CUE LEVEL, but Normal mode is also convenient to mute CUE send.

Possible.

1 Like

Thanks for the info

Noted Feedback loops - forgot about them!

I just used my Master for sampling que (using Rec buffer 8) but assigned it to T1 for playback and see the audio wave etc - not sure if I can improve on that as presume might as well sample using Record Buffer 1.

At least im getting more fluid with sampling now lol.

2 Likes

YES :slight_smile:
I discovered this recently and it saved me some headaches: how to record my drum tracks only or just a combination of tracks without muting others.

That is indeed a very interesting point: I usually have the filter distortion up on the T8 (used as master track) to beef things up. If I was to sample directly the main outputs (master), I would find myself with a beefed up version. Only way to bypass this would be to turn the filter distortion to 0, sample, assign, turn filter distortion back to its original position. So yes, CUE is my favourite sample bus as well.

Edit: it took me a little while to find out that CUE volume was not at 127… Fixed now :slight_smile:

1 Like

What about T7 recorder ?
Also T8 rec buffer can’t be previewed if T8 is set as Master Track.

Use T7 for CUE rec, T8 for MAIN if you want to record with Master Fx.

In order to record a performance, on OT MKI I was used to rec MAIN with T4+MIDI, closer to MIDI button used for SCR3 recs.
On OT MKII I tend to use T3+REC3, closer to REC3 button…

1 Like

Yes that makes perfect sense - many thanks!!

2 Likes

I love using Cue as a sampling bus or as an FX send. Sometimes I wish there was another pair of Cue channels, even if they didn’t have physical connectors and were only accessible for internal bussing. Granted, we can kind of create a fake “bus” with recording buffers and the microtiming trick to make them play immediately, but it would be cool to have more internal bussing.

2 Likes