Cuckoo Live improv with Continuum + Octatrack

Hello,
This weekend I had the opportunity to perform at an animation festival in Volda. I brought the Continuum Fingerboard expressive synthesiser, and the Octatrack, and the Strymon Blue Sky for a sort of dreamy/ epic(?) performance. For the backdrop I made a compilation collage of several of my previous work in animation, but without any audio.

This is all improvised, (except for the rhythms in the middle which are preprogrammed and then messed with) so naturally there are ups and downs. I’d like to share the whole piece without any editing though. Cheers!

14 Likes

Beautiful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!

I love this for so many reasons. As a neophyte Continuum player, I love hearing your masterful touch on the instrument. As an occasional animator, I am so very thrilled with the opportunity to see so much of your beautiful work in that area, as well. And of course, your skills with the Octatrack are unparalleled! Bravo!

1 Like

That is such a lovely thing to say Scot! Thanks a million!

1 Like

fantastic work, as a voice actor and dubbing engineer/director by day, I can appreciate the background visuals so much and your work. And of course the tunes? epic as always!

-nkdvkng

1 Like

when does tindra set fyr come out ?

1 Like

nice one dude.
so dreamy.

1 Like

I’ll try to get it to Hiroshima Animation Film Festival in 2018. After that I’ll release it online.

beautiful performance! i’d never heard that side of your music before.

1 Like

Thanks!

That’s a lovely performance and a fantastic sound/visual set.

1 Like

Trio Performance: Continuum | Linnstrument | Seaboard Rise

Features Cuckoo on Continuum

Check out this video where all three of these keyboards are played together in an improvisation.

Performers: Cuckoo, Felix from Tuesday Night Machines and Heen-Wah Wai

Skip in to 26:12 for the improvisation. A few rough spots (as they figure out the key and patches to use, it’s just three guys meeting for the first time making music), but otherwise quite impressive. It’s about four minutes long.

4 Likes