Cryptocurrency

I like that :whale:

Iā€™ve read speculation that the brewing trade war with China may be some of what is driving BTC up again.

@Prints, and @re5et, the alt coins tend to move with BTC as it is the funding coin on many exchanges.

The fact that this thread has piped up again maybe says quite a lot.

I think a lot of people werent sure if it was all going to flatten to nothing but now its sort of proved that it isnt I think there is widespread renewed optimism

1 Like

Its an interesting rabbit hole to get sucked into as long as you donā€™t spend too much. Thereā€™s lots of scams and bs but also tons of innovation and creativity. My favourite token to shill is waves check it out, its got fabulous fundamentals!

though nobody really knows whatā€™s gonna happen, a bunch o in-the-know humans I know (successful traders n an investment advisor mate) say the Post-regulation fundamentals look good n the bottom is in (for btc). 1 to 2 years time could yeild some decent gains.
who knows tho, itā€™s still a bit wild and subject to possible manipulation.

buy & hold & then get the *** out at exactly the right time :smile: :+1:t3:

I donā€™t really see crypto as an investment really, but more of a possible future way of exchange. I remember poopooing the internet when it first came out, thinking Iā€™d never get a computerā€¦ But, my friends were smart, and even though I didnā€™t understand it, the internet has become something that is more than a necessity in my life. Itā€™s almost like the air we breath.
Now, these same wing nuts are saying the same thing about cryptoā€¦ This time I am listening.

Bumping after replying in another thread about hyperinflation and buying gear as a way to move out of cash.

Iā€™ve recently bought 1 Eth. Meager but itā€™s a start. Iā€™ve also taken to buying 1,000 of admittedly bad alts when I can get them for the price of a decent meal. I figure I get the discipline of self-denial (the food) and the same odds as spending money on lottery tickets (which I do not advocate but plenty of people do).

lol @ this thread. So far, my FB, AMZN, GOOGL, and MSFT investments are saving my ass. Most my MJ investments have tanked about 90%.

2 Likes

What do you mean by MJ - maybe Iā€™ve missed something obvious.

Agree on FB, AMZN, GOOGL and MSFT. The one thing Iā€™ve learned is if you are the least bit aware of technology (ie. anyone here) you really should NOT overthink it. Buy the obvious choices (maybe not right now at these prices) but in general, donā€™t overthink it.

Sad to say it but any investment in technofacism is going to deliver outsized returns over the next few years.

1 Like

MJ = pot stocks.

Marijuana, CBD stonks

2 Likes

I foresee a big fall in tech stocks at some point, they are all massively overvalued vs their revenue. But hey, I thought local real estate prices would have to fall in the face of rising unemployment and theyā€™re going up, so probably best to ignore my hunches.

I bought $3500 worth of Tesla when it was $230 over a year ago, but I sold it as the price continued to decline for the very same reason. If I held onto it, my $3500 investment would be worth about $35,000 today.

The CBD company I invested that money into instead is -78% in my account right now, and that investment is currently worth about $850 lol.

as a healthcare innovator, I think a decentralized engagement platform like ethereum is exactly what we need. The interaction-price-drop that is promised in version 2.0 is very promising.

but I must say, it feels like we are entering the matrix with this. itā€™s scary.

1 Like

if anyone used Uniswap before Sept 1st you can claim 400 free Uni token when you log in and connect your wallet. 400 uni currently worthā€¦ ā‚¬1700.

bananas

1 Like

i always think that crypt-o-currency means something like currency of the dead.

8 Likes

Ok, Iā€™m back. BTC caught my interest again because Iā€™m in agreement with the narrative that a convergence of massive institutional support has finally caused BTC to become a sound macro investment rather than speculative asset.

I believe that this current rally will behave much differently than ones in the past, and any corrections will be much less severe.

My plan is to invest into BTC now by buying GBTC shares using my Roth account to benefit from not having to pay any taxes on capital gains.

1 Like

Been a crazy week in crypto.
Iā€™m spread out across the 4 cryptocurrencies available on PayPal. Mostly bought before Jan 1. But whenever I sell a digital item online, I convert it to crypto via PayPal.

I was expecting those to go down once the fees were activated on Jan 1, but the opposite happened. Wild ride.

1 Like

My investments have already made about a 25% gain so far, and theyā€™re about to pop again tomorrow.

Iā€™ve decided Iā€™m going to sell all my MSFT, some losing MJ stocks, and a share of AMZN tomorrow morning, and invest it all into ETHE.