Crunch & rytm

Coming soon…

Try it here: https://electric.kitchen/crunch/elk-herd/
Remember… this is beta…
Report bugs to me please.

Sample management, upload, and download — all right from your browser (well, from Chrome), with no installation or download needed. Yes, similar to what Transfer 1.1 does, but a different take on organization - you may find it more to your liking.

(If you have no idea what this about… see Crunch/elk-herd )

19 Likes

Awesome!!!

1 Like

Awesome x 1000!

Hope RYTM mkI is supported too.

Great work :+1:

5 Likes

Excellent!

1 Like

Assuming that the +Drive samples environment on the mkI is the same, probably. I don’t have a mkI to test. Also, I’m going to bet that it will only work with very new firmware, since the SysEx messages I’m using were introduced with the 2017 machines.

Cool :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is great, the effort is much appreciated! I’d be happy to help if you need a tester for the mk1

2 Likes

nice, can’t wait for this!

1 Like

Okay, Rytm crew - software launch - better than beta, but I’d like a few reports from the wild before I make a big announcement:

1. Renamed elk-herd, since it manages your herd of Elektron gear
  2. Nope, won’t work with mkI until mkI gets the next OS upgrade.
  3. Nope, still no sample transfer either way, but it’s in the works!

That page wants to access my midi devices. What does it need to do that for?

edit: Never mind. Got the answer from your link in the first post. Cool.

Count me among those who’ll be welllll excited when this util can work with Rytm Mk1. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got a treat for ya… 2.0 beta… with sample transfer to and from the Rytm!
transfer teaser

Remember… this is beta…

7 Likes

Dreaming of this for RYTM mkI. Elektron, please help are man here with this! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What’s the primary difference in the firmware that prevents MK1 integration? I guess the older machines don’t have the appropriate sysex command? What sysex command did they add? Request File / Folder structure?

yup…looks wicked but i have mk1

1 Like

Fingers crossed for MKI. Great work!

1 Like

Starting with Digitakt, there was a new style of SysEx commands. This newer API has the promise of being more consistent and uniform across machines, which is great for us software writers. The +Drive sample API on Digitakt is in this new form… and I learned at NAMM that with OS 1.40C it is available on Rytm mkII… and indeed, once I took out the “look for Digitakt in the device name” code, crunch worked immediately on the Rytm mkII.

My understanding is that there is full intention to get this API back on the mkI. I imagine that the difficulty with getting the mkI OS out lies in what ever data conversion needs to happen on your machine when the new firmware is applied to bring the +Drive to the same code revision as on the others. I fully expect as soon as that OS is released, crunch (and Transfer 1.1) will “just work”.

5 Likes

Hi! Just wondering if there are news for MKI? Thanks and congrats for your work!

crunch/elk-herd will work with the mkI if it has the latest OS loaded.

But as noted elsewhere, that firmware won’t work with current Overbridge… only the beta and future Overbridge release.

1 Like

Hi mzero, it works for rearranging sample folders but if I try to drag a wav from my desktop into a folder the resulting file that appears on the Rytm is just noise. Any ideas?

Thanks