Cre8audio East Beast & West Pest

I absolutely loved my SV-1, it sounded fantastic. I sold it to fund a complex oscillator (as I was using it to FM itself all the time). Sonicstate seem to have taken down their videos, so I couldn’t watch it.
This will sound great and seems to be designed along the lines of their new batch of modules. Brilliant price, Pittsburgh Modular guts!

1 Like

If you go onto the SS YT page it’s there. That link is broken. That’s how I saw the vid.

1 Like

Thanks- seen it now!

1 Like

Richard Nicol talking to Gaz about the synth and the relationship between the two entities

1 Like

at 25-30% of the price.

1 Like

This is interesting thanks for posting!

I’ll be honest I’m still confused and have more questions :laughing: Cre8 seem like a mysterious outfit to me - I’m not sure how they were ‘capable of making instruments’ and Pittsburgh weren’t, given that they established much later after Pittsburgh had made instruments? Who are cre8 and how do they even know them? They’re on the other side of the country.

He mentioned the ‘backing’ from cre8, but I thought that Pittsburgh were feeding them.

I assume that maybe Cre8 have ties in manufacturing? China links maybe? How are they able to make such cheap synths whilst being based in Nevada?

You’ve sent me further down the rabbit hole :laughing:

Maybe send them an email? They seem pretty responsive on socials anyway.

Bonedo just uploaded a new demo, but it feels like a less harsh 303 in the way it’s played here

1 Like

West pest is actually a thing :scream:

6 Likes

Those graphics are a bit of a west mess.
Sounds great tho!

3 Likes

Well, East Beast was surprisingly appealing and this looks like a near-must (for me)

2 Likes

I really am not enjoying this graphic design - which is a shame as they’re at least trying to do something different.

Something a bit more tasteful could have made these a lot more appealing I feel.

2 Likes

Well that’s the unexpectedly expected result of an overly simplified guess I suppose.

1 Like

Yea, they’re clearly having fun with it which I love for them… it’s just not my taste haha

I’ll probably end up with both of them at some point tho - they sound great and the price is also great!

1 Like

Hey @goldfarb, let’s expand this thread title to “Cre8audio East Beast & West Pest”. We already had discussed its existence, with @Kalimari nailing the name ( you should demand credits ).

Seems like one thread would be OK, unless there are strong feelings otherwise.

I’m with anyone here that wants both synths.

4 Likes

topic title changed!

2 Likes
5 Likes

PREEMPTION : Quit your complaining about BoBeats.

ALSO : I learned something about the connection between Cre8audio and Pittsburgh Modular. Posted about that in the NAMM thread.

3 Likes

I do like the West Pest graphics more than the East Beast, but to me the sound of the latter is way above the Pest.

2 Likes

So will the West Pest Hornet Outfit be available on the Cre8audio merch page ?

I’m leaving the video link dupe for now.

4 Likes

Here’s the Bonedo video for the West Pest.

4 Likes