Cre8audio East Beast & West Pest

Well that’s the unexpectedly expected result of an overly simplified guess I suppose.

1 Like

Yea, they’re clearly having fun with it which I love for them… it’s just not my taste haha

I’ll probably end up with both of them at some point tho - they sound great and the price is also great!

1 Like

Hey @goldfarb, let’s expand this thread title to “Cre8audio East Beast & West Pest”. We already had discussed its existence, with @Kalimari nailing the name ( you should demand credits ).

Seems like one thread would be OK, unless there are strong feelings otherwise.

I’m with anyone here that wants both synths.

4 Likes

topic title changed!

2 Likes
5 Likes

PREEMPTION : Quit your complaining about BoBeats.

ALSO : I learned something about the connection between Cre8audio and Pittsburgh Modular. Posted about that in the NAMM thread.

3 Likes

I do like the West Pest graphics more than the East Beast, but to me the sound of the latter is way above the Pest.

2 Likes

So will the West Pest Hornet Outfit be available on the Cre8audio merch page ?

I’m leaving the video link dupe for now.

4 Likes

Here’s the Bonedo video for the West Pest.

4 Likes

That last video shows how fast the West Pest is to work with. I think it will be fairly controllable for performance once you are familiar with it.

So there is a WP manual already. That might help show how controllable it is.

And the Cre8audio page for the West Pest.

We shouldn’t have called it Pest.
It just rhymed with West…

They both seem like a lot of synth for the money to me.

1 Like

The sound of the East Beast is more immediately pleasing, but we hear that sort of sound a lot, and the people doing the demos also have more familiarity with it. I’ve come to appreciate the West Coast approach through working with modular, and I suspect we’ll hear more interesting sounds from the West Pest as more people get their hands on one. The two together would have quite a lot of potential, I think.

2 Likes

Wish more manufacturers would implement sliders for ADSR, but knobs will work just fine. Both of these will find a home in my Frankenstein standard rack I’m shocking to life.

1 Like

Have cancelled my preorder now, as that woody tone of the west pest basslines has me looking…

Would someone please make a skin for these synths though?

1 Like

I like the sound, and look, of both synths tbh.

2 Likes

You should BeDazzle yours…

3 Likes

The volume of sales for this, and the moderate size, virtually guarantees that there will be overlays, and likely, special versions from Cre8audio. Eventually.

I’m fine with both as they are.

1 Like

I cringe at the thought

1 Like

You don’t like black ?

Given their track record, what they would consider “special” is likely to induce seizures

Or if BeDazzling isn’t your thing, hydro-dip it…