Crazy8 Beats sequencer from Twisted Electrons

Had this considered, good sequencer … but liked the interface of the Beat Step Pro and it’s connectivity more … got the BSP, though.

1 Like

What’s your take on this, then?

1 Like

Why was this topic moved? Crazy8 and Crazy8 Beat is not the same product.

1 Like

My apologies. I misread the text. The separate topic is restored.

1 Like

No worries😊they’re confusingly similar by name, for sure.

1 Like

And a similar product as well. The Beats has CV and Gate outputs added. These both are nice. I like the small form, can be Euroracked, and the four rows of LEDs for 16 beats display. Product data here.

Looked over the manual and it’s seems to pretty much conform to a standard sort of user interface for this sort of product – so you could pretty much just pick it up and use it. At the price this looks like the sort of thing that might be paired with something like the new Doepfer Quad VCO (or two of them), and Doepfer multi VCA and you’d have a reasonable cost Eurorack poly synth.

Nothing extraordinary but it seems genuinely good in it’s little niche.

Also noticed the Twisted Electrons Octopus an 8 signal multiplexer. Cool that it handles either CV or audio signal on the eight inputs. So one channel output from the Crazy8 Beats could run the multiplxer as for instance. Again nothing extraordinary just good value.

3 Likes

mm…this looks interesting… :thinking:

1 Like

Has anyone tried one of these yet? I got one a few weeks ago, and it is really fun to play on. However, there are a few issues and I’m curious if anyone else is having the same, specifically using the CV outputs. When I change a CV value by holding a step and turning the knob (as described in the manual and video), it changes the CV value for ALL steps - not just the step being held. I’ve been in contact with Twisted Electrons about it, but I’m just curious about other people’s experiences.

Anyone using this sequencer?
I was thinking to get one and use it with my modular set up, mostly drum sounds.

Someone care to share experiences with the crazy 8 beats?

How does it compare the twisted electrons crazy 8 sequencer to Digitakt sequencer Workflow-wise!
(I know it doen’t have lfo :))