Crackling over OverBridge ONLY with sub bass tones

Hello

I am on a MBP 2014, Yosemite OS

Overbridge is able to load easy enough, but sub bass tones cause crackling. Not intermittent crackling, but a steady tone (almost like when an analog oscillator is set to “LO” setting.) When I mute the bass tom and kick it streams audio cleanly and without issue.

I couldn’t find a thread about sub-bass causing crackles, just general audio - any idea how to fix this? Changing Overbridge settings - buffer size and sample rate - caused the crackle speed to increase or decrease.

If you have a dependency between buffer size and sample rate and the intensity of crackling, I guess it might be caused by CPU overload. The less CPU power is available the more crackle is induced … that’s at least my experience.

I assume that you don’t have clipping effects on your tracks … :wink:

My CPU load shows 8-9% though. This was occurring during tracking with no other instruments present.

That’s strange, indeed :ooh:

Overbridge floods the USB port with DPC calls, had the same issue
Only solution is to set the elektrons in midi only mode. You can use latencymon to confirm
Open latencymon with the unit in OB mode and see USBMON.SYS being flooded with thousands of DPC calls, choking the USB bus.
Now put the unit back in midi only mode and restart the larencymon and normal nbr of DPC calls.

1 Like