Couch production DT-DN

Lazy on the couch, some candles, wine. Pair of headphones on and Digitakt on my lab. So far so good but recently I purchased Digitone and i just can’t separate them because it’s too much fun as a pair. 2 seperate boxes, interconnects, midicable and 2 power bricks is suddenly less more convenient though. Any tips,
Solutions or DIY projects to cope with this? Glue everything together? Ikea hacks? Searching for the ideal workaround to tie those boxes as one piece of gear lightweight and ergonomic.

One of those dinner trays might work. Definitely don’t glue things together!!!

Even with a cushion underneath:

4 Likes

What about https://www.elektronauts.com/t/fs-uk-fonik-digi-stand/142786 ?

2 Likes

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/fs-uk-fonik-digi-stand/142786?u=nionmu

There are various stands for this pair… have a search in the forum… diy is also an option… also battery power and since they have vesa mounts, you have many options

Edit: Haha, double link with @mattp

1 Like

I got the fonik stand for them. Absolutely mint. Love it and solid as a rock.

At one point I used the Vesa mounts on the backs and screwed them together with a piece of aluminum so that they fit together like an mki analog box.

2 Likes

I’ve seen this solution used by some people on Instagram and Reddit and it appears to work great. Thought about doing the same before I purchased a stand on Reverb.

1 Like

Gonna combine all of the ideas above, dinner tray cushion, flat MDF board with 8 VISA mount holes. Perhaps swap the 2 individual power bricks for one with guitarpedalboard daisy chain power connectors!

2 Likes

What about getting strong thin magnets?

I don’t know about magnets and electronics, just in case :grimacing: (Dunno tho, might be fine :woman_shrugging:)

1 Like

If the storage ain’t magnetic (like a floppy disk), I think it’s safe. Is it magnetic? But maybe you’re right, don’t mess with data.

Edit : contact Elektron before.

1 Like

SSD, I assume. Just thought I’d check :slight_smile:

get vesa mounts implanted into your knees?

1 Like

This! Have visa mount in my skull already for my portable diesel powered driven HD beamer

1 Like

I purchased one of these for my desk stand but it easily “unmounts” from my desk just by unplugging the power and usb cables. I’m still working for a good power solution but right now I’m using a brick for one and an extra power supply for the other. Ripcords now has the daisy chain cables so I will try those out to see if I can get away with just a single power brick for both.

1 Like

Almost 1 year later the topic should read Couch production DT-DN-AH nowadays. Anyway, I managed to build a nice Fonik like stand but for 3 devices as posted somewhere else on the forum. Now my question is:
Does anybody has experience with a 220V-12V dC powerbrick 5 or 6 amps combined with a dc barrel daisychain cable? It’s not hard to find those but… Elektron tells the stock powerbrick uses 5,5mmx2,5mm DC connectors and all i can find are 5,5x2,1mm DC daisychain cables. Both in guitar fx pedal world as in cct camera world are using the 2,1mm types. Do they fit? Anyone tried?
Also i read some info that it is a bad idea to use one switching powersupply to supply different machines by parallel powering them.