COSMOS by Soma

Here’s something to keep you occupied when yr high, hah. I suspect it’s a fun device to play with, but most likely has such an original sound that it will overpower everything else if you want to use it in a song with other elements. I’m kind of afraid that’s the care with Lyra8 too, but at least you can control it pretty well if you know what you’re doing.

1 Like

Now imagine Lyra 8 through this thing :sunglasses:

7 Likes

I’m sure it would sound awesome for the first time, maybe the second or third or w/e but in the end I want to buy gear that I can at least somewhat control, as total improvisation and droning ambience IMO gets old pretty fast. I don’t just want to push a button and twist some knobs while really having no idea what’s coming out next. I mean don’t get me wrong, I wish I had enough money to just buy every stoner toy that picques my interest, but alas I don’t.

4 Likes

I’m imagining it going into the Waldorf Quantum/Iridium’s Particle Engine (Granular)

4 Likes

Absolutely, my comment was a bit of a tongue in cheek response to your uncontrollable statement, as in uncontrollable x uncontrollable = uncontrollable² = what mayhem might that produce (good or bad).

I haven’t put my name on the list for this (for now).

2 Likes

Vlad will present Cosmos at Keys and Frequencies today

I made also a thread for this event here on Elektronauts:

8 Likes

Synth youtuber all star event!

Nice Ensoniq vibes on the YT page.

8 Likes

Stompbox Clouds? Seems to be a good idea.

2 Likes

But will it levitate the Pentagon?

2 Likes

It’s a niche instrument for artists, not so much a commodity device. I can get the conventional anywhere else!

1 Like

13 Likes

Looks awesome, I like his ideas

1 Like

The demos leave me thinking

(1) it is more lovely than I expected
(2) it is reassuringly hefty
(3) despite that it is more expensive one trick toy than useful instrument
(4) £600 after tax and shipping is pushing it a bit
(5) if I ever get GAS for one I’ll plug my Buddha box into an echo pedal, close my eyes and pretend

3 Likes

Maneco already does this. Although with knob aesthetics so dodgy you couldn’t ever buy one

1 Like

4 Likes

Not really sure what I’ve preordered :grimacing::rofl:

9 Likes

:joy:

3 Likes

Have you made the payment?

No mate. Just send your details through (name, address, phone, email and PayPal email)

1 Like