Copying Notes from individual Tracks without copying the Machine

Hi there,
I am sitting with some patterns on my Monomachine, and I am wondering:
When I copy a track to another track, this copies both the machine, the notes, etc. that are in the current track. From the manual:

Blockquote
The track data copied consists of notes, parameter locks, the machine selection, DATA pages and arpeggiator, transpose, swing and slide settings.

But is there a way I can copy only the notes of one track to another track, without pasting the machine/changing the kit itself? I am sitting with a few patterns that consist of some layered tracks (meaning they both play the same note sequences), and I want to add some tracks that use different machines to play similar melodies, but with slight variations. So copy/paste of notes makes sense as a starting point, but then this pasted data always comes with all the other data. In order to only copy notes from one track to another, the fastest way I can manage is to:

• Copy track in grid recording mode
  • Paste it to another track
  • Reload the current kit so I revert the changes that copy/pasting a track does to the kit

This can get a bit laborious when you’re working on many patterns.

So tldr; Is there any way I can copy only the notes of one track to another track?

Peace!

maintain the function+copy button on the track , there is a copy melody in the menu

2 Likes

I never knew this had a sub-menu! Amazing, thanks a bunch<3
Is this documented somewhere in the manual? Just wondering what this is called so I can check for all the other things I might have been oblivious to.

As @Human_Koala mentioned, the function is called “Melody” in the SUPER COPY screen. See pages 54 and 55 of the manual.

2 Likes